'it gets better, doesn't it?'

It had been a quiet few days for the hermits, hermits often popping into Grians mansion to check on him and talk, but they never got a word out of the younger. grian would listen and sit in his friend's company. after everyone had found out, grian just stopped talking. He made an effort to hang around his friends but never spoke a word, concerning everyone.

Mumbo was the most concerned after he yelled at him, his friend just went quiet. Mumbo tried spending time with Grian and apologizing but it didn't change anything.

- Grians Pov -

I wish nothing ever changed, I thought as I strolled through the shopping district. I sighed as I reached the barge, opening shulkers and restocking chests, It was normal enough, wasn't it? Not really, Everyone constantly checking on me or stopping to talk way more than normal, and I stopped talking so really, nothing is the same.

I placed the empty shulkers in my inventory, Ill go home I thought I don't feel very well.

I wondered over to the portal since everyone thought I would be safer if I didn't have my elytra. I made my way through portals till I was back at my mansion, walking up some stairs I went inside. I slowly retreated into a corner, a corner I would usually sit in when I was upset or not feeling normal.

I leaned my head back inhaling as I slumped my shoulders.

Do I feel numb? I questioned,

I don't feel anything, I thought

My hands started tingling as my breathing got harder, the world was spinning, wasn't it? as my vision got blurry, my breathing was hard yet I felt calm as I let out ragged shallow breaths.

A hand touched my arm and I was brought back to reality, I opened my eyes to see a blurry figure, the person rested their hand on my chest and told me to breathe. I inhaled as instructed as my vision cleared up.

mumbo? I could see now,  mumbo crouching over me.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I fought back the urge to cry.

"Hey, hey it's okay" mumbo reassured

'come here" Mumbo said

Mumbo pulled me into his lap, wrapping his arms around me. Causing my tears to start falling.

"I got you" mumbo muttered into my hair.

- no pov -

mumbo released the hug and made grian look at him, grian looked up from his spot on mumbos lap tears fresh in his eyes.

"hey," mumbo whispered

"it's gonna get better" he muttered

Grain just leaned into him tried and sleepy, "I'll be here when you wake up" mumbo smiled.

The next day the two woke up in a corner, Grian got off of mumbo and sat beside him. mumbo shifted awake from the movement. "hey," he said yawning Grian remained quiet as mumbo got up, "how about we do something fun today?" mumbo asked, grain nodded tiredly.

The two left the home deciding to wander through the shopping district, they both explored and bought items they most likely didn't need but they had fun anyhow, Mumbo decided to end the day off with stargazing, They found a soft spot to sit down on the grass laying down to look at the stars. "Grian?" mumbo asked Grian nodded, "I care about you and I'm here for you," he said turning his head to look at grian, Grian shifted snuggling into mumbo.

"It gets better, right?" Grain mumbled voice rough from not using it

mumbo looked down at him, happy he got grian to talk he said "yeah, it does" 

They both laid under the stars enjoying each other's company. . .

<3