'A lingering feeling'

It was worth it, Grian thought as he paced the small room. Glancing at the bare smooth walls, He sighed. i-its not like they don't care, Grian reasoned with himself, Then how come your in here? the voice retaliated. He shook his head as he slid down the wall, accepting the loneliness.

he softly whispered to himself, boredom getting the best of him. He looked up at the sound of the door sliding across the stone floor, He remained still as mumbo walked in. 

"hey," mumbo said reluctantly, stepping towards the younger.

he shifted uncomfortably under the gaze of his "friend", Mumbo bent down closer to Grian.   "you understand why this happened right?" mumbo spoke regret seeping through his words. He only stared at the floor his eyes unmoving, mumbo motioned for him to follow grabbing his attention. Grian reluctantly stood his body aching from the hard floor, he followed mumbo leaving the small area as he did his best to keep up with the taller.

" you're staying with me," Mumbo said continuing to walk. Grian nodded, shifting his gaze towards the soft grass blowing in the wind the colors of the flowers sticking out among the green. he softly sighed as mumbo softly pulled him towards his base, "I- I set a room up for you, with some of your things," He cleared his throat. Mumbo opened the door guiding grain to his new "room", "I'll let you relax, let me know if you need anything" Mumbo said awkwardly feeling like he was talking to himself basically, but Grian nodded closing the door on mumbo. 

He slid down the door sighing as he let out a held-in breath, he hit his head against the door as his thoughts rambled throughout his head.

of course, this is what happens, he thought, they just lock me away then assume I need to be watched. He got up softly sitting on the bed, what am I doing wrong? 

wh-

why,

sobs slowly emerged as he swallowed himself in his emotions, 

God... he thought, I did this to myself

its all my fault, he muttered.

he retreated into a corner, curling up in the lingering pain.