Chapter 11- Spur of The Moment

Chapter 11

Spur of The Moment

"Let's talk about Kevin."

"What about him?"

"What was you two's relationship like."

"It was... complicated, because Deuce was always there."

--------------

It has been a couple weeks since the whole family dinner thing and since, I haven't really spoken to Kevin much. I've just been working, spending time with Chris and my pops, and most shockingly spending time with Deuce. Ever since my family left and Kevin's did the same I have had plenty of time back to myself and in that time Deuce has been trying to fill it with different dates and outings. I honestly didn't expect dates and "courting" from Deuce at all, but I'm happy it's been happening. We've learned things about one an other and there hasn't been any hoes popping out of the wood works trying to claim territory. For that I'm grateful because it actually feels like this second chance was worth it.

"Don't you look purdy." Chris called out making me jump damn near out of my skin.

He was posted up in the door way trying not to laugh at me while I flicked him off. "Ha ha, so goddamn funny nigga. What do you want?"

"I wanted to tell you that Kevin is downstairs but from how dressed up you looking I guess you already know that." He smirked. "Y'all going on a date?"

"No jackass, now move." I laughed before pushing past him, and heading down the steps.

As expected Kevin, and my father were exchanging conversation while my dad sat in the love seat that Kevin, Montrell, and I all occupied the last time that I had seen him. This time though he didn't look so down and was smiling just as bright as he did those weeks before our shooting incident. I loved to see that smile again, but I was confused why he was back here after the shit he said to me and why he was holding flowers in his hand at that.

He just kept standing there with a light smile as I walked down the steps. Once I made it to him he extended the flowers to me. "For the Queen."

"Oh hell, so we're back to that after not talking to me for a couple weeks."

"Kadeejah don't be like that. Can we talk outside real fast?"

"Sure, come on." I instructed before heading to the sliding back door.

We both walked out there, and sat down in the patio chairs letting the sun caress every bit of our exposed skin, and heat us up in the midday heat. It was another hot ass day in Texas and it was killing me to be in the tights that I was in with this damn skirt, but I'm trynna trying out a new look today. Switching it up from my usual look I guess for the date that we'll be going on in a few. Thinking about him even made my head spin and little butterflies kick up in my stomach tickling my insides and starting a fire in my cheeks that caused me to blush. I don't know how or when he got my nose wide open like this but even my dad and Chris have been saying that they like how I've been changing and evolving. I guess it just took the right dude to soften me out a bit.

"So how you been K?" Kevin questioned.

I looked up from my thighs over at him, taking in his features while he took in mine. It's not like it's been a long ass time and either of us has changed drastically or nothing but Kevin and I seemed to be able to read each other from time to time. Ever since the shooting we've been connected in ways I can't explain that's why these past couple weeks with no contact with him made me feel a way like when I left my girls back home. Kevin was the friend that took their place for me and then he just up and disappear over some weird shit.