Chapter 2

Hiccup's Pov:

Back to the Cove.

Once we landed back at the cove, I slipped off Toothless and walked over to my basket with my gear in it. Astrid stayed on Toothless watching me. "Hiccup, what are you going to do about that dragon?" Astrid asked as she got off Toothless and walked towards me. "Nothing," I answered back. I could see the confusion on Astrid's face. "Astrid, I'm leaving Berk," I told her. Her eyes went wide then a sad look appeared on her face. 'I didn't think she cared about me.' I thought to myself. "Hiccup you can't leave after what you have just shown me," Astrid said. "I don't belong here, Astrid."

"What do you mean Hiccup. Of course, you belong here." Said a confused blonde Viking. "Come on Astrid, we both know I don't belong here. My Dad knows it and so does the rest of the village, plus we both know the consequences if we get caught." I stated as I carried my basket over to Toothless.

"Hiccup, you don't need to leave Berk."

"Astrid please..."

"Come back to the village with me tonight and sleep on it and in the morning if you still want to leave then I won't stop you." Astrid interrupted me. I turned away from her and walked over to the edge of the pond and sat down. I was staring into the water at my reflection when Astrid sat down beside me. I took a deep breath before saying, "I'm not going back to the village Astrid. I'm leaving tonight and I plan on not coming back." I could feel her staring at me with those blue eyes of hers. So, I did not look at her. "Where will you go?" She asked.

Astrid Pov:

When Hiccup said that he was not coming back to the village with me and that he was leaving tonight. I just stared at him. "Where will you go?" I asked him. I heard him take a breath before saying, "I don't know. I guess Toothless and I will keep flying until we find a new home."
"Hiccup if you leave, then I will go with you," I said as I grabbed his hands. He looked at me with wide eyes 

"No Astrid. You cannot come with me. You are needed here." He said. "But Hiccup, how can I live in a place that kills dragons or even how can I kill a dragon after what I just learned about them," I stated. He then stood up, then helped me up on to my feet. "Astrid, I need you here on the inside if I ever come back." He said. I just nodded as I know that I was not going to win this agreement against Hiccup. I felt my eyes starting to leak, I cannot be crying can I.

Fearless Astrid Hofferson does not cry. But then why can I feel wetness on my checks. "You should get back to the village before they start wondering where you are." He told me I did not say anything but started to turn towards the entrance when Hiccup grabbed my arm and made me face him more time before he left for good.

"Before I leave, there is something I want to do." He said. Before I could even ask him what it was that he wanted to do, he kissed me. I was shocked at first then I kissed him back. When he pulled away, he pressed his forehead to mine. "I have wanted to do that for years." He said then moved over to Toothless and mounted him. "Take care of yourself, Astrid."

"You too. Be careful and come back soon Hiccup." I said as I walked up to Toothless. "Take care of him Toothless," I said as I patted his head. I then turned to head back to the forest and picking up my axe on my way. Once I got into the forest, I ran all the way home.

As I was running home, I was thinking about the kiss that happened between Hiccup and I. His lips were so soft against mine, and the kiss was so sweet and not forced. The kiss itself felt perfect and I knew that would be the only kiss I get ever from Hiccup which made me sad. Once I got home, I ran up to my bed and cried myself to sleep.

Hiccup's Pov:

"Before I leave, there is something I want to do," I said. I then kissed her before she could say anything. I knew that I was in love with Astrid and since I was leaving Berk for good, I just once had to kiss her. I did not care if she did not kiss me back because I was leaving, and I knew that I was never going to see her again. But when she did kiss me back, I was surprised. I pulled away and press my forehead against hers then said. "I have wanted to do that for years." I moved away from her and mounted Toothless. "Take care of yourself, Astrid."

"You are too. Be careful and come back soon Hiccup." She said. Then she walked over to Toothless, "Take care of him Toothless." She said as she patted his head. The Astrid turned to head to the forest and on her way, she picked up her axe.

Once she was out of sight, I made sure the basket was on Toothless and was tired tight. "Come on bud, let's go," I said to Toothless and I took off and headed South. I turned around to look back at Berk. "Goodbye Berk." I sighed.

Time Skip://

We have been flying for a couple of hours now and still have not found anywhere to rest for the night. I could see that Toothless was getting tired due to him going down slowly. "Come on bud. Let us fly to that Island over there and rest for the night. Once we landed, I gathered some wood up for Toothless to light the fire. I then curled myself up against Toothless and fell asleep.