Chapter 24

A/N - I am back. Hope you guys did not miss me too much. I am now continuing on with this story since I have had a writer's block with my other story. Sorry that this story is short but the next will be longer. Enjoy this chapter and please don't forget to comment down below.

"So, how has Thalia been while I have been away?" I asked her as we sat down at the Kitchen table. "She has not been too good. Her temperature has been getting higher still." She said with worry in her voice. "I just hope Heather and Dagur can hurry up and come back with something." She added.

"I know me too," I said pulling her into my side hug. "Are you staying for Breakfast Hiccup?" Mrs Hofferson said as she came into the room. "That would be lovely thank you Mrs Hofferson," I answered.

Half an hour later as we were eating breakfast, we heard a sound from the lounge. "Ast... Astri... Astrid..." I knew it was Thalia starting to wake up. Astrid went to go and stand up, but I stopped her and said, "I will get her. You just sit down."

"It is fine Hiccup I don't mind getting her," Astrid said. "I know you don't, but I let me get her while you sit down and rest," I said to her, then I walked out of the kitchen and into the lounge.

When I walked into the lounge, I saw my little girl lying on the couch wrapped up in a blanket. I sat down on the edge of the couch and started to stroke her cheek as she was waking up.

"Daddy?" She asked once she saw me. "Morning Baby girl," I said as I helped her out from under the blanket and she jumped into my arms. "Daddy!" she cries out again.

"Missed you, Daddy." She said. "I missed you too kiddo. Come it is time for breakfast" I said. I stood up and walked back to the kitchen.

As I walked into the kitchen with Thali in my arms Mrs Hofferson had just placed breakfast at the table. "Morning Sweetie," Astrid said to Thali as I sat down with her on my knee.

Thalia waved to Astrid as she cuddles into me as I ate my breakfast. Thali only had to bites and she would keep on saying 'no' whenever we tried to get her to eat some more.

Once breakfast was finished Astrid helped her Mother with the dishes. I did try to help out I was told to sit back down and spend sometime with my daughter.

So, I decided to go back into the lounge with Thali to spend sometime with her as I have been away for a couple of days. "Daddy."

"Yea Baby?" I said. "Are you going to Marry Astrid?" She asked me. "Wha... wha... what!" Her question took me by surprise. "Why do you want to know?" I asked her.

"I like Astrid and I want her to be my Mummy." She said. When she told me that she like Astrid and wanted her as her Mummy. I was glad that she liked Astrid, as Astrid has been like a mother to her since she got on /Berk.

I was also glad that Thali got on so well with Astrid which will make it easier when I do Marry her one day. "I am glad that you like Astrid and yes I will be marrying her," I said. I saw my little girl's eye light up when I told her that I would be Marrying Astrid.

"Can you Marry her today." She said. I laughed at her excitement. "Sorry Baby but I can't Marry Astrid today."

"Why not Daddy?"

"Well because 1: we have to get you better first, and 2: I have to still ask her and design the rings," I told her. "Oh... When will you ask her?" She asked. "Once we can get you better. Then I can make a ring for her." I explained. She nodded her head and once again cuddle into me.

Astrid's Pov:

I was helping my mother clean up the dishes from breakfast. I had just put the dishes in the sink when I heard my Mum tell Hiccup to spend some with Thalia while we clean up.

I started to wash the dishes when Mum came up beside me and she started to dry them. "Are you glad Hiccup is back Honey?" Mum asked me. "Yea I am, now all we need is the cure for Thalia's sickness then we can start to move on hopefully," I said.

"What about the two riders that came here injured. We all know that Hiccup will want to see them so he can get an explanation on what happened to them." Mum said. "I know and I just hope he doesn't forget that he is not alone anymore," I said.

Once the dishes were done as well as the rest of the clean-up I went to go into the lounge when I stopped at the door and watched Hiccup with his daughter. I watched as Thalia giggled her head off.

I smiled at the pair and at the way that Hiccups interact with his daughter. He is so good with her and he can be so much more if he will just let me help him with other things than just with Thalia.