Chapter 16

Stoick's Pov:

I was standing there with the rest of the village watching how my Son gave out orders to these people before he took off to the Healer's house on a different dragon called Sunset. "Chief Stoick, good to see you," Dagur said as he hopped off his dragon. "Dagur I wasn't aware that you were friends with my Son," I said. 

"Yes, well my sister Heather and I have been at the Edge now for a few years now," Dagur explained. "Well then maybe you can tell us what is going on and why Hiccup needed our Healer for?" I asked him. "Sorry I can't. Not allowed to explain anything Hiccup's orders." Dagur said. "But I am the Chief of this Village," I shouted. "And Hiccup is our Chief. And we answer to him before you. Sorry Chief." Dagur said. 

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I wanted answers and no one was giving me anything. "Dagur," Astrid called out. we all turned to look at her as she sat in the saddle of my son's dragon Toothless. "I can't tell you either Astrid," Dagur said. "You don't need to tell me as I already know. Hiccup has told me everything." Astrid said. 'What!!!' I thought what does she know, that I or we don't. "Why would Hiccup tell you everything," Dagur asked Astrid. 

"Because I am now engaged to Hiccup. But that wasn't why he told me." She stated to Dagur. "I knew Hiccup was hiding something, so I just asked, and he told me." She added. "You can't know about..." 

"I do know, and I won't say her name due to Hiccup not wanting anyone else to know," She said. 'About who? Who is this she that they are talking about?' I wondered as the two talked. Astrid climb of the dragon and walked towards the little Nadder dragon that was standing beside Dagur and his dragon. 

We all stood and watched as Astrid pats the Nadder of the head. "What is going on here. Who is this she that you are talking about? Astrid, I demand you to give me some answers now!" I yelled at her and at Dagur. 

"I know you are Chief Stoick, but I promised Hiccup I wouldn't say anything, and my loyalties lie with him. Sorry Chief." She said then she turned to walk away. "Where are you going?" I yelled out. "Hiccup." Was all she said. After that everyone started to leave to go and a carry on with their jobs that they were doing before our visitors arrived. 

I knew something was going on and decided to go and find out. With Gobber following me, we started to head to Gothi's house so I could get some answers.

Hiccup's Pov:

Soon and I landed outside Gothi's house I hopped off Sunset as fast as I could and ran into the house with Heather behind me. "Mum, how is she? What happened?" I asked my Mother. "Well I could ask you the same thing Son," Mum said. I walked over to the bed and looked down at my daughter who was sleeping. "She was fine two nights ago when you left for your flight. Then she woke up the next day with a sore stomach and went downhill from there. Her Fever seems to be getting higher each hour." Mum said. 

I stood beside mum and Heather as we watched Gothi a look over her. I turned to face the door when I heard it open to see Astrid walking in. She gave me a smile as she walked over to me. "Hey, how is everything going in here?" She asked me. "Not too sure yet. Gothi is just checking her out now." I replied before turning back to Gothi. 

"Do you know what is wrong with her Gothi?" I asked. She walked over to some sand so she could draw in it. I followed behind her to read what she drew. "What does she say Hiccup," Heather asked me, "She says that Thalia has something called Children Influenza, which is like our Eel Pox, but it is a sickness that only children can get. It can cause extremely High Fevers, sore throat and very sore stomachs." Hiccup tells the others. 

"Daddy." A wee voice was heard calling out. Hiccup turned to the bed where his daughter laid and saw that Thalia had open her eyes and was looking at him. "Daddy." She said again. I walked over to her and sat on the bed beside her. "Hey, there kiddo," I said with a smile. "Daddy my tummy hurts." My little girl cries. "Shh, I know Honey. I know." I said as I stroked and wipe the tears away from her cheek. 

"What is going on in here?" I heard someone yell from behind us. I turned to see my Father walk in the house followed by Gobber. "Ah, Dad what are you doing here?" I asked him. "Well, son. I would like to know what is going on here. And why did that little girl just call you Daddy?"

My Father said. He then looked up and froze and he went pale like he just saw a ghost. "V-Val is that you?" My father asked as he walked towards my mother. "Hello Stoick, I know what you're going to say, Stoick. How could I have done this? Stayed away all these years. And why didn't I come back to you? To our son. Well, what sign did I have that you could change, Stoick? That anyone on Berk could? I pleaded so many times to stop the fighting, to find another answer, but did any of you listen?" Mum started to say.

 Dad still hadn't said anything as he still moved slowly towards mum. "I know I left you to raise Hiccup alone until he ran away. But I thought he'd be better of without me. And I was wrong, I see that now, but..." Mum nervously backs up against the wall and she looked like she was on the verge of tears. "Oh, stop being so stoic, Stoick. Go on... SHOUT, SCREAM, SAY SOMETHING!" Mum yells. We all watched as Dad touches mum's cheek. 

"You're as beautiful as the day I lost you," Dad said before he leant in to kiss her. I smiled glad that my parents were back together but knew I had to worry about my daughter first before we could celebrate anything else.