Chapter 10

"Just wanted to see you, son," Dad said. "You do realise that I would have come up to the village in half an hour right Dad," I said standing up and walking towards my dad. "Oh. I just thought you might want some company son." My Dad said. I just shook my head. I walked over to Toothless and gave him a kick in his side. "Come on Toothless get up." The only reply I got was a grunt. "Or you can stay here all day being lazy. Useless reptile." I said. 

I heard a giggle from beside me and turned to see the love of my life standing beside. "And what are you giggling about M'Lady," I asked. Before she could answer the next thing, I knew I was on the ground on my back with my Father, Astrid and the gang laughing at me. I then realised that Toothless had swept his tail under my feet. 

As I was just getting up Toothless decided to pounce on me and start to play fight. "It is going to get ugly. Dragons and Vikings are at it once again." I said as Toothless playfully hits me with his paws then his head lands on my stomach followed by him licking me. "You know that doesn't wash out," I said flicking some of his salivae at him while he laughs. "Did he just laugh Hiccup?" Fishlegs asked me.

"He sure did Fishlegs," I answered his question as I walked towards them with Toothless following this time. "Are we heading back to the village now?" Astrid asked me. I took her hand and just nodded. Toothless took the lead through the forest with Astrid and I behind him then my Father and the gang behind me. 

"Are you going to fix my tail, when we get back to the village Hiccup?" Toothless asked me in dragonize. "No, I am going to have to send a letter to Heather and Dagur to see if one of them can bring us of your spare tails. Due to Berk not having the right materials." I answered back. "What did was he saying Hiccup?" Astrid asked me. "Toothless asked me if I was going to fix his tail when we got back to the village."

"And are you going to fix it Son?" My Father asked. "No. I am going to have to send a letter to Heather or Dagur to see if they can bring me Toothless spare tail from the Edge." I said. "Why can't you fix Toothless tail Hiccup?" Fishlegs asked. "Well for starters Fishlegs Berk does not have the materials that I need," I said. "But don't you only need metal and leather?" Dad asked me. "That may be true Dad and you may have the leather, but you don't have the same metal that we use on Dragon's Edge."

"But don't you use the same metal?" Astrid asked. I just shook my head. "The metal I use Astrid is one that I invented," I said. "How do you invent metal?" Snoutlout asked taking for the first time since I have been back. "Well, Snoutlout I found out that if you feed Gronckles different types of rocks then you get a special metal called Gronckle iron. Gronckle iron is light and extraordinarily strong that metal that I use for everything." I said. For the rest of the walk to the village, it was silent.

Once we got to the village Dad went off to do his Chiefing chores which left me with Astrid and the gang. "So, what do you guys want to do now?" Tuff had asked us. "Well, I have to go and write a letter and send it to the Edge. But I can meet up with you guys later." I said. "Sure whatever," Snoutlout said. Snoutlout left followed by Fishlegs and the twins off to do who knows what. "What are you going to do while I'm busy writing a letter, M'Lady?" I asked Astrid.

"Well, I was hoping I could come with you if you don't mind?" Astrid asked while looking at the ground. I took a step towards her and lifted her head so she could look at me. "I don't mind at all M'Lady," I said smirking while she blushed. "Come on let me just send a letter to my friends back on the Edge then we can go and spend some time together and catch up. How does that sound M'Lady?" I asked. "Sounds like a plan. But how are you going to get a letter to your Friends Hiccup?" 

"Well, there is something called Terror Mail that we use back on the Edge. It is when you tie a letter to a Terrible Terror and tell them where you want them to go and they will fly to the person the letter is for." I said as we walked towards the Forge. "Amazing." Said a surprised Astrid.

Once we got to the Forge, I went into my private room saying a Hello to Gobber on the way pass and wrote a quick letter to Heather.

Heather,

Toothless and I are were shot down and are now stranded on Berk. As we were shot down Toothless tail fin broke and was wondering if you could bring me a spare so we can fly again. How's Mother and Thali? Tell them I miss them and will be back soon. Please give Thali a kiss for me.

Hiccup.

I walked outside where Toothless and Astrid were waiting for me and called Sneakily. "Take this letter to Heather at Dragon's Edge. It is a couple of hour flight." I said to Sneaky in Dragonize. I heard Astrid gasp from beside me. "Of course, Hiccup," Sneaky replied then he flew off my arm and headed South towards the Edge. 

"I still cannot believe that you can speak dragon." She said with a smile. "What do you want to do now?" She asked me. "Well now that I have sent my letter why don't we head up to the cliff and just sit and talk. We do have 6 years to catch up on." I suggested. "Sounds like a plan." She said taking my hand. "Are you coming Toothless," I said over my shoulder as Astrid and headed towards the cliff. I knew Hiccup was Following us when I heard is paws hit the ground.