Chapter 5

We spent most of the time doing tricks and stunts when all the sudden Toothless asked me a question. "Hiccup have you ever thought about going back to Berk?" I sat there thinking about his question. "I have thought about it Toothless. But I won't go back not after how they treated me." I said. "But don't you think they need to know that you are alive. I mean after 6 years, they probably think you are dead." 

"They can think I'm dead all they want to. I'm never going back to Berk and that is final." I said half raising my voice. After that, we did not talk about Berk at all. We just kept flying.

We had been flying for a wee while now and didn't realize that we had crossed onto Berk's territory until it was too late when I saw the village lights and by the time we could even getaway, we heard Vikings shout out, "Shoot down that dragon." A bola was shot at us, which wrapped around Toothless tail fin. It looked like that bola came from the bola launcher that I made 6 years ago.

Once the bola wrapped around Toothless tail it dragged us down by a sheer force that caused us to be separated from each other. I screamed as I fell towards Berk while trying to reach out and grab onto Toothless saddle. But before I could grab the saddle, we both hit the ground.

Stoick Pov:

I was walking through the village towards my house when I heard "Shoot down that dragon." I looked up at the sky and saw a black dragon and knew that it was a Night Fury. The next thing I heard was the bola launcher that my son made going off and heard a roar coming from the dragon as it fell towards the ground. But I thought I could also hear someone screaming but did not think much of it, as now I could kill the dragon that took my son from me.

The beast fell somewhere near the forest. I told the villagers to grab their weapons and follow me to find that beast. I will finally avenge his death.

Astrid's Pov:

I had just got back from the cove and was up in my room when someone shouted out "Shoot down that dragon." I ran out of the house and saw the bola launcher launch the bola towards the dragon. When the bola hit the dragon, I winced at the roar that the dragon let out. I saw the dragon crash-landed somewhere near the forest. I was about to go and help the dragon when the Chief yelled out to everyone to grab their weapons and follow him to the forest. I was going to go back inside the house when Gobber grabbed my arm and said, "Come on lass." So, I had no choice but to follow everyone else to the forest.

Hiccup's Pov"

"Wow, that was a landing I never will forget." I groaned. I rolled over and looked over to where Toothless was. I forced myself up and off the ground and walked towards my best friend. "Toothless are you alright buddy?" I asked him in Norse. 

"I'm fine Hiccup, But what about you?" Toothless asked me in dragonize. I was just about to free Toothless when I realised that we were surrounded by Vikings with weapons. "Who are you?" Asked a Viking.

"Why are you protecting this beast of a dragon?" I turned to face the Chief or shell I say, my Father. And boy did he look mad. I was glad that I had my helmet on, so he could not recognize me. "Who are you?" My Father asked again before taking a step towards me and Toothless growled at my Father and at the other Vikings as they were getting closer to us. I stayed quiet but held out my hand to signal for Toothless to stand down. Which he did.

"Step away from that beast boy!" Stoick demanded. "The dragon that you called a beast is my best friend, so no I won't step away from him," I said with no emotion in my voice. I knew what would happen next since they were laughing at me. "No one can be friends with them. They are dragons who kill us for food." My Uncle Spitelout said. 

"They don't hurt humans. They won't even eat us as it is not in their nature to do so." I said trying to make a point, but I knew it was useless anyway. "It is not in their nature!... It is their nature. They have killed hundreds of us!" My Father said yelling at me. "And we or should I say you have killed thousands of them," I yelled back. I could see that my father was losing his patience with me.

"Give me that dragon now boy and you will be free to go." He ordered. I pulled out my inferno and pressed a button for my sword to light up. Then I got into a fighting stance. "You think you can beat me in a fight, do you?" My Father said in a mocking tone of voice.

Stoick Pov:

We surrounded the dragon so it could not escape. That was then I noticed a boy standing near the dragon. He wore a dark blue tunic under his amour which was covered in dirt that was from when he crashed landed. At the sleeves, he wore brown leather wrappings up to his elbows. His amour was black and on the shoulder pads, there was a symbol of a Night Fury. He also wore a helmet so we could not see his face,

The boy could not be any older than 20. He also had a peg leg on his left leg. "Who are you?" I asked. "Why are you protecting this beast of a dragon?" He turned around to face me, but he never looked scared at all. "Who are you?" I asked again taking a step forward. As I took a step forward the dragon growled at me and was showing his teeth. The boy held a hand out and the dragon called down. But he still did not say anything. "Step away from that beast boy!?" I demanded. 

"The dragon that you so-called a beast is my best friend," He spoke with no emotion in his voice. We laughed at the best friend part. "No one can be friends with them. They are dragons that kill us for food." My Brother Spitelout said. "They don't hurt humans; they won't even eat us as it is not in their nature to do so." The Boy said. "It's not in their nature!... It is their nature. They have killed hundreds of us." I yelled at the boy. 

"And we or should I say you have killed thousands of them." He yelled back. I was really starting to lose my patience with this boy. "Give me that dragon now boy and you will be free to go," I ordered once more. He pulled out a sword that lit up when he pressed a button. Then got into a fighting stance. "You think you can beat me in a fight, do you?" I mocked.

We began to circle slowly, never taking our eyes off each other. We circle each other one more time before I decided to attack fist by aiming for his shoulder. The boy dodged my attack by stepping to the side. I attacked again but he blocked my hit with his sword and pushed me back. I must admit he knows how to fight. He blocked all of my attacks, but just when I thought I had him, he swept my feet from right out underneath me, causing me to fall to the ground and the boy was pinning me down with his sword at my neck. "I win." He said.

Gobber came up behind the boy and pulled him away and restrained him. There was a loud roar from the Night Fury. I turned myself away from the struggling boy in Gobber's hold and headed towards the beast that took my son from me. "NO STOP!!! DON'T KILL HIM!!! PLEASE!!!" He shouted out which I just ignored. I continued to ignore his cries as I raised my sword above my head, the blade aiming for the beast neck. I was just about to bring my sword down for the kill when I heard...

"NO DAD!! STOP!!"

A/n - don't forget to leave comments down below and please vote