Chapter 11

Astrid's Pov:

Once we got up to the cliff, we sat down near the edge looking out to sea while leaning up against Toothless who had laid down behind us. We were sitting so close that our shoulders were touching.

"So, what has been happing here for the last 6 years?" Hiccup asked me. "Well a year after you left, and the village thought you were dead they made me the winner of dragon trainer, but I turned it down.

After what you showed me, I knew I could not harm another dragon ever again. My parents were not too happy with me after that. They said that I had shamed the family name." I said. "Oh, Astrid I'm sorry for putting you in that situation with your parents." He said.

"It is not your fault Hiccup. I understand why you had to leave, even though I was not happy about it especially after the way you left things between us. But I understand and I am not angry at you." I said leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I never wanted to leave you Astrid, but I also knew that I could not stay here any longer. It had killed me leaving you behind and I convinced myself that leaving you behind was for the better and you where I knew you would be safe." Hiccup explained.

"Safe from what Hiccup?" I asked. But he did not give me an answer. It had been a couple of minutes with us just staring out at the sea when he said. "You were safe from the dangers that I knew I would come across. But by leaving you here I knew you would be out of harm's way." He said before taking a deep breath then he turned to look at me. The next thing

I felt his lips on me and did not realise that we had started to lean into each other. This kiss was just how I remembered from 6 years ago before he left. His soft and tender lips against mine and how he was being so gentle.

When we pulled away due us being human and need to catch our breath. "I missed you Hiccup" I whispered. "I missed you too Astrid." He whispered back, then he kissed me again with a bit more force behind the kiss.

After another minute I had to pull away to catch my breath once again. I felt my cheeks heat up and I knew that I was blushing. Laid my head back on Hiccup's shoulder as he put his arm around me pulling me closer to him.

It had been nearly 20 minutes with us just sitting there in silent looking out to sea and for the first time in 6 years, I felt happy safe. "Hiccup?" I asked. "Hmm." He said. "Yesterday when you were explaining where you have been for the last 6 years, I knew you were not telling us the whole truth."

When he did not say anything, I carried on. "And even though I want to ask you about it, but I am afraid that once I do you will take off again once Toothless tail fin gets here." I said not looking at Hiccup scared what the look on his face would be.

I felt his fingertips turn my head to face him. "Nothing you say or ask me Astrid is ever going to make me leave. You can ask me anything." He said. I stared at him not know how to ask him what happened.

"What is that you want to know Astrid?" He asked as he stroke my cheek with his thumb. "Everything Hiccup. I want to know what you are not telling us." I whispered. Hiccup stopped stroking my cheek and took his hand away from my face.

I thought I had pushed him too far and was about to say I am sorry when he said, "Okay, I will tell you." He took my hand and started to play with my fingers.

Snoutlout Pov:

Fishlegs, the twins and I left Hiccup and Astrid behind as we headed towards the Plaza. "I can't believe Hiccup is alive and back." Fishlegs had said. "I know right. And is it just me or did Hiccup get super-hot looking." Ruff said in a dreamy voice.

"Whatever. Please Hiccup hot looking you must have gone made Ruff. He probably is still a fishbone like he was 6 years ago." I said. "I wouldn't be too sure on that one Snoutlout Hiccup did beat Chief Stoick in a battle." Fish said.

"That probably was just beginners' luck that's all," I said trying to not believe that a fishbone like Hiccup could win a fight against anyone. "Now that Hiccup is back dose that mean Stoick is going to make him the Heir once again?" Tuff asked.

"Over my dead body that is for sure," I said. I was looking over to where Hiccup and Astrid were and saw them walking towards the forge together.

"I'm going to challenge Hiccup to battle for Astrid's hand in marriage and the Heir of Berk," I stated. "I'm not sure that is a good idea Snout." Fish said but as usual, I did not listen to him.

'I was about to storm my way through the village to Hiccup and Astrid when they suddenly disappear somewhere. Well, I will just have to catch him when he comes back to the village later.' I thought.

Hiccup's Pov:

When Astrid said she wanted to know everything that I left out during my explanation last night I took a breath before saying, "Okay, I will tell you." Then I took her hand in mine and played with her fingers the way Thalia does to me.

"So, about a month after I left Berk, Toothless and I found a girl about our age washed up on the shore of Dragon's Edge. We took her back to our campsite to nurse her back to health.

We then found out that her name was Hannah." I said. "Then what happened?" She asked. "I helped Hannah train a red and yellow Monstrous Nightmare that she called Sunset because her colours reminded her of the sunset.

We then became fast friends and she helped me build Dragon's Edge." I stopped to take a breath know the next bit will be hard to explain to her.

"Then 3 years ago all of my friends that I lived with on the Edge had pointed me as their Chief. And I knew that as a Chief I had to get married. So, despite my feelings for you I had to ask Hannah to marry me, then we got married. 9 months later she gave birth to our beautiful baby girl who we called Thalia." I explained.

I then felt her pull away from me when I told her that I got married and she also pulled fewer away when I told her about Thalia. She stood up and walked towards the edge of the cliff and I knew she was probably angry or upset with me.

Toothless jerked his head up when he heard someone yell. I stood up and tried to reach out for her, but she just moved away.

"Explain what Hiccup. That you are married and that you have a child. Did you think that you could tear with me before you left in a few days huh?" She went to leave and walk back down the cliff when I reached out and grabbed her arm.

"Astrid you need to hear the rest of the story for you to understand." I said feeling hurt that she could not even look at me. I mean what were you think Hiccup telling her that you were married. But she had to know for us to move on with each other.

"Let go off me Hiccup. I don't want to hear anyone." She said trying to pull her arm free from my grip. "But you have to Astrid," I said. When she stopped trying to get away from me, I carried on.

"A month after Hannah gave birth to Thalia, she became extremely sick. She was so sick that she was bedridden and couldn't even hold her little girl." I said. I had let Astrid go to see if she would carry on walking away or to see if she would stay.

When she did not move from her spot I turned towards the edge of the cliff and sat down with my feet dangling over the edge and had tears going down my cheeks. I could feel her eyes on me, but not once did I turned to look back at her.

"Hannah..." I started to say but could not bring myself to carry on talking. So, I just sat there looking out to sea with tears in my eyes and did not even hear her walk over to me until I felt her hand on my shoulder and she sat down beside me.

"What happened Hiccup?" she asked barley in a whisper. "Hannah kept getting sicker and sicker each day until she passed away," I said.

A/N - Please leave any comments I would very much like to hear how you are liking my story and what I could do to make it better. Also if any of you guys have any ideas please drop them in the comments