Chapter 6

Astrid's Pov:

When Gobber, the teens and I got to where everyone was, I saw Stoick our Chief on the ground with a sword at his neck. Stoick has never been beaten in a fight ever and here he is on the ground and has been beaten by a boy who does not look much older than me. This boy wore a helmet and amour. He also has a peg for a leg. He looked kinda hot. No Astrid what you are thinking, you are in love with Hiccup. "I win." The boy said. Gobber walked through the crowd with me and the rest of the teens following.

Gobber pulled the boy away from the Chief and restrained him. That was when I heard a roar from somewhere near. I looked over to where the roar came from and saw a Night Fury. But for some reason, this Night Fury looked familiar to me. I looked at the Night Fury again and noticed that it had a rip tail fin that was made from a Blacksmith. 

"No, it can't be," I said but did not realize that I said it out loud. "Can't be what Astrid?" Asked Ruffnut. "Nothing, Ruff," I replied. Then went back to thinking if that was Toothless then... I looked at the boy again and saw that he had forest green eyes just like Hiccup's. 

"NO STOP!! DON'T KILL HIM!! PLEASE!!" 

The boy yelled out bringing me back to reality. That was when I saw Stoick near the Night Fury ready to kill him when the boy yelled out 

"NO DAD!! STOP!!!"

'Hiccup' I thought.

Hiccup's Pov:

"NO DAD!! STOP!!" I yelled. I saw my Father drop his sword and turned around to face me. Every Viking turned to look at me. My Father moved away from Toothless and stormed towards me as I felt Gobber's grip loosen on me. I also saw Astrid take a step towards me with realisation in her eyes. 'God, she is beautiful' I thought. "What did you just call me?" Stoick my Father asked. Stoick stood in front of me, staring at me with hope in his eyes. 

"Hiccup?" Asked a beautiful voice that belonged to one blonde Viking. We all looked at her. I, on the other hand, stayed quiet. I saw Astrid looking towards Toothless. "Toothless?" She asked as Toothless was growling and snarling at the time but had stopped when heard his name being called. Toothless looked at Astrid and gave her a gummy smile. 

And I knew he recognized her. Everyone stared at the interaction between Astrid and Toothless. Then she turned to face me again and walked towards me and she stopped right in front of me in between my Father and I. "Hiccup? She said again. I pulled my helmet off and heard a gasp from some people. Before I could even look at her, she wrapped her arms around me as she hugged me. 

"Yes, it is me Astrid," I said hugging her back. After she pulled away from me, she punched me, "Ow what was that for?" I asked. "That was for leaving for 6 years. And this..." She said as she pulled me by my amour and kissed me. "Is for coming back."

"Hiccup? Son? Is that really you?" My Father asked me. I stepped towards my Father as I ran a hand through my messy hair and took a shaky breath. "Yeah, Dad, it is me," I said in a whisper. My Dad dropped his sword on to the ground and pulled me in for a hug, which shocked me the most. The hug I got from my Father was a bone-crushing hug. 

"Dad... Can't breathe..." I said. Once Dad had let me go, I let air back into my lungs. "Sorry son, I'm just happy that you are alive and have come home." My Dad said. I turned to face Gobber who was frozen in shock. I knew he was going to burst any minute now.

'1...2...3...'

"HICCUP!!!" Gobber yelled out as he ran towards me with a big smile on his face and his arms out wide. He pulled me in a bone-crushing hug. "Oh lad, I've missed ya. I miss ya helping me in the forge and your sarcastic remarks!" Gobber babbles and hugs me tighter. "Gobber? I... Can't... Breathe..." I pointed out. 

"Oh, sorry lad," Gobber said as he released me from his tight hug. I sucked in a big deep breath to fill my lungs up with air that missing. "Get me out of this thing Hiccup," Toothless said in dragonize but it would have been a roar that everyone else had heard. Everyone turned to look at Toothless again. 

"Oh right, sorry Toothless," I said as I walked over to him. "Hiccup what are you doing?" Gobber asked me, which I ignored and carried on towards Toothless. I grabbed my sword and lit it up. "Easy bub. Stay very still." I told him. "It's not like I can move anywhere while tied down. Can I." Toothless sarcastically said. I rolled my eyes and cut the ropes from around him.

"Hiccup why would you set the beast free?" Asked my Father. "He is not a beast Dad. This is Toothless my best friend." I said then turned around to look at the damage done to Toothless tail fin. "Well bud, it looks like we will be grounded for a couple of days or so since I'm going to have to build you a new tail," I told my best friend. 

"That means we can't get back to the Edge," Toothless said. "I know bud. I know." I said in dragonize forgetting about everyone else still being there. I stood up and faced my Father to find everyone was starring at me like I had two heads or something. "Son, you just growled like a dragon." My Father Stoick said. 

 "Ah, yes..." I said rubbing my hand on the back of my neck. "You can understand their language and speak it?" Gobber asked. "I can," I answered while walking towards my Father with Toothless following behind me. I noticed that they were still wary of Toothless due to the still having their weapons raised.

"Everyone, this is Toothless my dragon and best friend," I said introducing Berk to Toothless. "He won't hurt you, so please can you drop your weapons," I said. "How do we know he won't attack or hurt us?" Asked Uncle Spitelout. "If he were going to attack you, he would have done so once I had free him. Plus, I have lived with him for 6 years now Uncle Spitelout and he will only attack you if I say so." I said to my Uncle. 

"Everyone stand down and lower your weapons." Yelled my Father. "But Stoick..." Spitelout started to say, "Spitelout if Hiccup says that the dragon won't attack us then we are fine." My Father stated before turning to look at me. "You have some explaining to do son." I let out a shaky breath and nodded my head.

Astrid Pov:

"You have some explaining to do son," Stoick said to Hiccup. Hiccup nodded his head at his Father. "Everyone to the Great Hall!" Stoick yelled out. I was kinda grateful that no one asked how I knew about Toothless. That would have been hard to explain. Hiccup walked off with Toothless following behind him. Soon everyone started to head to the Great Hall. I was walking by myself when the rest of the gang came up beside me. 

"So, can you actually believe that is Hiccup?" Ruffnut said from beside me. "I know right! I mean where did he learn to fight like that." Fishlegs said. "He's probably still a fishbone like he was 6 years ago." Snoutlout from somewhere behind me. I just carried on walking not listening to what the others were saying about Hiccup. "Night Fury!" Fishlegs said with fear in his voice. That was when I noticed Toothless was coming towards us when he saw me, he gave me his gummy smile and came up to me. 

"Careful Astrid," Stoick said as he came up the gang and me with the rest of the village. I had stopped walking when Toothless was beside me, he rubbed his head against my stomach. "It is nice to see you again Toothless," I said patting him on the head. I knew that everyone was staring at the interaction between Toothless and I. "Astrid... You just touched a Night Fury and it didn't bite your hand off." My Mother said shocked. I just rolled my eyes at her; lucky she did not see me. "Earlier on, you said the dragon's name and you just said it again. How did you know its name?" Stoick asked me. I did not know what to say, so I did not say anything and kept patting Toothless who was purring like a cat. 

"Thank you Toothless for keeping Hiccup alive and for bringing him home to me," I said to Toothless who gave me another gummy smile. Toothless then looked at me then he looked to his saddle and I understood that he wanted me to hop on him. "Astrid, I think... I think he wants you to ride him." Said Fishlegs. "I know that Fishlegs," I stated as I walked closer to Toothless so I could mount up. 

"Astrid, get off the dragon now!" My Mother demanded once she saw me sitting in the saddle. "Come on Toothless, let's catch up to Hiccup," I said ignoring my Mum. Toothless took off running towards Hiccup. I could feel the village stares on me, but I did not turn around to look at them.

When we caught up to Hiccup and came up beside him. "Hello, M'Lady. Having fun up there." He said. "Hello, Hiccup." Toothless stopped and I and Hiccup hopped on up behind me. Then we carried onto the Great Hall.