Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Twenty-Eight . . .|
-take. me. home.

     Jeongguk sucked in a sharp breath, trying to walk without the crutch by his side. It had been two progressive weeks since he kidnapped Taehyung back into his custody. His knee was still killing him as was his abdomen wound.

He hated that he looked so weak and could barely walk on his own. Jeongguk didn't let it stop him from anything.

Any meeting he had, he would request that Jimin help him there and to make it look like he was doing just fine. If caught with a visible physical disability, Jeongguk would be at risk for anyone who desired to takeover Jeon Undergrounds.

He wasn't all of an idiot.

It was hard, however. He would get throbbing pains and would fight back the urge to stand and lean on something.

One time, the pain became so unbearable that Jeongguk had to cut the meeting short because 'his oven was on'. No one dared to question him and how accurate his statement might have been.

Later that same day, he was yelling in pain and damn near crying. Yes, this man is a scary and rich son of a bitch but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a pain tolerance.

Going back to current day, Jeongguk would practice daily walking without support. He had gotten better, don't assume wrong, but it just wasn't good enough for him to pull off the 'I swear I'm okay' look.

He pulled his fingers through his black locks, feeling exhausted already and the day just started. The mafia leader huffed, slipping out his phone and calling Mr. Park, needing to get to Mr. Kim to a new designated room since he couldn't be trusted in his old one.

Jeongguk didn't blame the young adult for trying to escape, but that just meant that Taehyung had to be locked away in a not-so nice appearing room. One that looked more like a cell than an actual bedroom.

That all went down like this.

     "I was thinking on expanding." Jeongguk said, limping with the crutch that supported his body weight since he injured knee couldn't do such thing.

"We don't have all the room in the world to keep expanding like this, Jeongguk." Jimin uttered.

The younger hummed. "I don't want to expand here. I want to be far across Seoul, be at every end so it really is like I'm the king of Seoul."

"Is that a great idea?"

"Sure it is!" The mafia leader chuckled. "Why isn't it? Soon, we can spread throughout Busan. Don't tell me you wouldn't want to be in charge of a specific place around Seoul, or even Busan!"

"No, not really." Jimin answered. "I just think we should give it some time. Clearly you're not in the best condition and we can't take any chances with growing right now. You just stole from Hoseok and you want him to find a weak spot?"

". . ." Damn, Jeongguk knew how correct Jimin was. "I'm not in the worst condition, I think I'm still pretty mobile." He uttered.

Jimin snatched away the crutch, causing the proclaimed mobile adult to stumble and try to catch himself with the wall, leaning against it so he wouldn't fall flat on his face.

"Mobile?"

"You're such a dick for that, I was caught off guard." Jeongguk winced under his breath.

"Off guard? Alright then, walk right now since you know what I was trying to do." Jimin stood back so he wasn't used as a guide, eyes watching Jeongguk's every move.