🐺|Chapter 17|🐺

It has been a little over two months and Taehyung kept his promise.

He's been running up from the camp to drop off food. Foods like bear meat, deer meat, fish, berries, etc. And yeah, Jeongguk stocks up on other foods. He honestly doesn't think he'd mind if Taehyung started bringing little but doesn't want to jinx it.

Jeongguk would always thank the alpha and tell him he didn't have to hunt some of the biggest game but yet the elder persisted and Jeongguk can't find himself saying no.

"but Taehyung, your pack needs it too." and the alpha would reply lowly with "they have food. You don't have much. Maybe a fridge full but you still need more." and the omega would giggle and shake his head, "but yet there are pups down at the camp. Many to be exact."

The alpha would snort and reply with "yes but my pup is most important and must be fed well from her mama too. And her mother must eat, am I wrong?" now Jeongguk couldn't argue. It was a pup and she needed food to grow big and strong.

"well I suppose you are correct" he'd reply with a tease in his tone but the alpha found it never funny, "I'm being serious. Yes I care for my pack and their pups but I quite frankly care for my mate and his- our pup more. She is the world and will take on my position when older whether my father likes it or not."

Jeongguk always found that heartwarming. Taehyung didn't dump his pup for it being a female. And to be honest, Jeongguk was surprised. He assumed Taehyung would be an exact identical to his father, but no, not at all.

≥≥≥

Currently, Jeongguk is sitting on the chair in the cabin, humming along to the birds outside. He's always loved the sweet noises, enjoying the tweeting and chirping.

Taegguk was asleep soundly on the omegas bed, all ruffled with the covers and kept warm. Jeongguk made sure she was alright every two minutes, literally. He had this feeling in his chest. Most probably paranoia.

The omega never knew why, but he's always been so paranoid. And having this pup was the cherry on top to his anxiety and paranoia but he knows it was all worth it and would never take it back.

And quite truthfully, he'd do it all over until the stars stopped shining.

"Jeongguk?" the omega hummed, smelling the presence before he even got up to the cabin fully. Taehyung smiled softly and shut the door, "I brought you wool and a new skin from a bear."

The younger looked up, "oh... thank you Taehyung," he got up and took the offering, eyes glistening as he felt the softness of it brush through his fingers. It was truly a good feeling. "I thought you'd like it. Moon and I chased it down this morning."

Jeongguk hummed, cheeks a light rosey color.

"It wasn't... huge or anything but I think it'll do good to keep warm." Jeongguk draped an arm around Taehyung's shoulder and pulled him closer, "it'll keep the pup warm and cozy, indeed."

The alpha swallowed and felt the omegas minty scented breath hit his lips as their faces were mere inches apart. Taehyung swallowed, "well... I also brought you two rabbits. I found them earlier and it was Cherrié who chased them up and got one but said you must have it so then I caught one and wanted to give it to you."

Jeongguk giggled softly and pressed forward, lips pressing against the alphas and Taehyung leaned into it. But before the alpha wanted, it ended.

The omega didn't seem displeased but the alpha was but knew his limits right now. Plus, they can't do anything even if they wanted to because there is a very young pup in just a few rooms over.

"Gguk," Taehyung pulled back and away, looking the omega in the eyes. Jeongguk looked back, eyes soft, "yes?" Taehyung took in a shaky breathe, "I think... I think my father knows you are in the mountain."

Jeongguk swallowed thickly. "Oh? how so?" Taehyung sighed, "he must've watched me leave camp. On this Wednesday we must get you and Taegguk moved-" "but where?" the alpha swallowed, "to the other mountains, High View..."

"Oh? but that's so far-" "yes but it is important we do so. Those mountains are protected by the Ice wolves and one of them is Blu and another is Keiko and neither will let anything happen to either you or Taegguk. It is our best chance."

Jeongguk opened his mouth to reply, thinking of something to say. He wanted to offer sending himself back to his original pack, the Jeon's, but if this is true and his father tries to hunt Taegguk down (and possibly Jeongguk himself) then he'll surely check the Jeon pack.

That can't happen. He refuses to let anything happen to his pup.

So Jeongguk let out a short breath, "alright."

"Alright... let's set out."