Baby Steps

Next morning :

Ragini wakes up first and leaves to washroom to get ready. She doesn't know whether she has to wear saree or salwar. She decided to wear Salwar as she felt that it's comfortable when she goes out for job searching. She hesitantly steps into the kitchen to find ap, sujatha and Pari cooking in a hurry. She doesn't know whether they would expect her to make her rasoi or help them in kitchen. She stands at the entrance not knowing what to do. Pari is the first one to notice her and signals ap and Sujatha. They keep their posture rough.

Ap : Do you want something?

Rag : No maa I just wanted to ask if I need to do something for help

Ragini answered timidly.

Suj : just make your rasoi if you want.

Ragini nodded and steps in while Pari provided her with ingredients.

Laksh wakes up and finds the couch nearly arranged. He finds his whole room completely cleaned except the bed in which he was lying. He gets freshened up and goes down to find everyone seated on the dining table. Ap says about Ragini cooking her first rasoi and asks everyone to have it. Laksh too takes a seat while Ragini serves the sweet to everyone. Ragini is about to serve Laksh too but stops seeing Laksh's gaze which indirectly warns her to not serve it to him. Ragini's face falls and she without making a scenes moves to the next person. However they are not aware that the whole family is only watching them unaware of them. Ap signalled Dp and he nods understanding. He signals others on the dining table too and they all understand. Dp takes the first bite and immediately spits it out shocking only raglak.

Dp : What's this? Is this what you call sweet? Instead you should call it salt. When you don't know to cook why to try all this?

Rp too takes a bite and immediately keeps it away. So does everyone. Ragini gets teary eyed seeing it as she was sure she cooked well. Ap and Sujatha badmouths Ragini calling her imperfect in all ways while Ragini tried hard to control her sobs.

Lak : Enough!!!! This is too much.. Just for small cooking mistake you guys are creating a big issue.

Dp : How will you know? You didn't even have it as you are smart enough to understand that she cooks bad.

Now it's Laksh's turn to stammer. He didn't expect them to notice him not having her food.

Lak : So what? I'm not a fan of sweets and that's why I avoided it. But that doesn't mean i would hurt someone just for food.

Suj : If you love your wife's food so much then have it na.

Lak : Why not.

Saying so laksh takes a bite of the sweet near him. Ragini smiles lightly wiping her tears.

Lak : What the hell is wrong with you guys? It's perfectly fine. Why are you unnecessarily scolding her?

Ap : what do you mean it's good. Whole family is saying that it's not good but only you are saying it's edible. Why will we all will lie. You can eat whatever you wife cooks in the name of food but we can't. Ask her to stay away from kitchen.

Lak : why will she stay away from kitchen? She has all rights to enter the kitchen. She'll cook whenever she wants. If you guys don't like then don't eat it. But from today I'm going to have her handmade food. (turning towards Ragini) from today you will cook separately for both of is. I'm going to have only that food. You get it?

Ragini nods shocked. Laksh leaves with his mobile while Ragini too retires to her room. Everyone smiles and gives a thumbs up to each other.

Laksh with the help of his friend omi tries searching jobs but everyone rejected him as he didn't complete his degree with lots of backlogs. On the other hand Ragini is sad in her room as now she don't have a single person to support from both the families. However she immediately recalls how laksh took stand for her in front of his family members. A small smile crept on her face. She then recalls Laksh's words last night about being independent. She comes to hall and finds all the men left ro work while the ladies are busy in their  own work. She takes the newspaper lying on the teapoy and immediately leaves to her room. She doesn't have courage to face or hear any taunts again. She starts searching the job column and starts marking the suitable jobs for her. Soon she looks up to find the time as 11. She just then got reminded that laksh has asked her to cook for them separately. She immediately leaves all her work and rushes to cook lunch.

Within an hour she completes cooking and waits for Laksh. He comes back after 3 only to find Ragini on dining table who fell asleep waiting for him.

Lak : Ragini.

Ragini wakes up with jerk.

Lak : why are you sleeping here. Go and sleep in room..

Rag : woah.. Your.. Food...

Ragini dragged unsure if he really remembers asking to cook for him.
Laksh just gets reminded of his promise to Ragini in front of everyone. He too didn't have anything as he was busy searching for job.

Lak : OK go and brings plates for both..

Ragini looks surprised at him that he knows about her not eating too. She wants to ask how but fears for him to behave harsh with her once again. For some reason she feels hurt whenever he scold her. It's not like it's the first time. Before marriage too they always fought with each other and said so many things to each other but none affected her then but what happened now? Ragini stands wondering about it when laksh voice brings her back to earth.

Lak : will you give food or not?

Rag in nods like a child and rushes into the kitchen. Both have their food in silent and retires to their room. But another shock awaits them as they don't find the couch there. Laksh asked Ragini about the couch who's equally clueless about where it went. He then calls his mother and Ap comes there.

Ap : what happened laksh? Why are you shouting?

Lak : Maa Where's the couch in my room.
Ap : oh it got old so your father gave it in exchange and bought a new couch to our room.

Lak : but why. What's wrong with that couch. Why did they throw it away.

Ap : you are behaving as if we sold your bed. What's the need of couch when you have such a big bed. Stop irritating with this irritating couch thing.

Lak : i want a new couch.

Ap : if you want buy it yourself.

Saying so she walks away but winks at Sujatha on the way who nods understanding. Ragini watches everything like a mute spectator as she doesn't know what to say. Laksh closes the door after ap leaves and falls bed on bed sighing.

Rag : Laksh you don't have to worry about couch. I'll sleep on floor with blanket.

Lak : How's it possible as it's winter season and the floor is freezing.

Ragini tries saying that she's fine but Laksh shuts her. He asks her to to take the right side of the bed while he takes the left side putting an end to the conversation. Ragini says about finding few suitable jobs for herself and decides to give an interview from tomorrow. Laksh too shared that he joined Omi's friend's company as a temporary employee. He got a deadline of only three months to clear all his backlogs and also should prove his efficiency in work.

Ragini prays that everything goes well.
At night they both have dinner in their room itself in order to avoid the family. Laksh is still angry at them for their behaviour in the morning. Both retire to bed on their respective sides. After a long tiring day they both fall asleep immediately. At midnight Laksh rolls over and hugs Ragini in sleep. Ragini wakes up startled only to find Laksh holding her by waist. She gets shocked and tries removing herself from his hold but couldn't. For some strange reasons she liked it much to her surprise. However she slightly calls Laksh

Laksh wakes up and finds Ragini so close to him. He gets surprised and is about to immediately move away when the moonlight falls on Ragini's flawless face. For a second he gets lost in her beauty while she got drowned in his eyes. They both have an eyelock.

Target: 70+

Please do VOTE and COMMENT