real life | family

once again, cartia found herself in a predicament. one that she had been in a few times, now. she perked her head up and smiled when she saw her sister's soulmate round the corner. he seemed to be invested in the conversation with his sister and a few of her soulmates, when he looked in her direction. immediately stopping in his tracks, he tilts his head and gives her a deadpanned look. she smiled sheepishly when he rolled his eyes with a smile and sped up, walking towards her before she fell. again.

"why?"

"it's fun."

"i'm gonna leave you up there one day."

"there are at least 5 other people here right now that can also help me down."

"you're going to fall and hurt yourself one day." wanda scolds her.

"she already did." pietro offhandedly comments, pulling the girl towards him and lifting her from the wall.

"i only do it when pietro's coming!" she defended.

"that's even worse! he's just going to leave you there, trust me." as wanda said this, evie came out of the gate and smiled at everyone.

"no, he won't, because he knows she'll just jump down and then he'll feel guilty because she injured herself." she laughs.

the gate opened once more, but nobody noticed. it wasn't until peter let out a hum of confusion as he watched a small boy move out of it and slowly carry on walking.

"there's a child that just came out of your gate." tony pointed out. evie and cartia whipped their heads round to see their youngest brother about to step into the road.

"oscar!" cartia yelled, moving towards him quickly and scooping him into her arms. "what did mummy tell you about the roads?"

"but no cars coming!" the four year old insisted while evie called for their other brother.

"it doesn't matter, you don't cross the road unless you have an adult holding your hand, okay?"

"why weren't you watching oscar?" evie questioned as the boy came through the gate with his girlfriend in tow.

"i took my eye off him for a second, i didn't know he could open the gate!"

cartia sighed, watching as her siblings begun to bicker between themselves. she put oscar down but held onto his hand as she looked towards her soulmates, blushing under their gazes which had barely left her in the past five minutes.

"sorry, hi." she greeted. "come in." she pulled oscar along with her, laughing when he stumbled.

he had been ogling at 'earth's mightiest heroes', having known all about them and idolising them since everyone could remember. cartia saw emily leave jordan's side and walk back through the gate too.

"emily, this is... well, everyone. i think you know their names. everyone, this is emily, jordan's soulmate."

"what's a soulmate?" oscar asks from beside her.

"you remember what a soulmate is, mummy reads you the book at least once a week." she laughed.

"do i have a soulmate?"