4.

#4  There is some truth in every rumor. 

"I look stupid," I sighed sitting on the bed, running my hands through my messy hair. 

"Good thing I brought you some dress." Raine smiled. She already had a dress that was super short and navy blue. 

I looked at myself in the dress I wore to my sister's wedding last year. It went below my knee and the pale yellow color washed me out. 

"Okay, I give. What do you have for me? I asked Raine. 

Her grin grew wider, as she threw the dresses on the bed beside me. "Look at this." She said holding up a red sequined material. 

"Are you sure that is a dress?" I asked, taking it from her. 

She shrugged. "I think so." 

"Are you sure I won't be overdressed in this?" 

"Nope," She said, moving to my mirror sorting out her make-up. "Trust me I was underdressed to his first party and you wouldn't want that." 

Raine tossed her hair into a perfect ponytail and then pinned back her bangs. She looked at the make she spread across my vanity before she picked up a bottle of primer. 

I set the red dress back on the bed looking at the other options. 

"Just try one on already." Raine sighed. 

I picked up the black one that was only an inch longer than the red. "Okay fine." 

Minutes later I returned from the bathroom in the back dress. "I think it is too small," I said shuffling back into my room.

"No, it is supposed to fit like that," Raine said. She turned to see me and her jaw dropped. The sleek black dress clung to me. My shoulders were bare revealing my pale skin. "That's the one." 

"Are you sure it comes down really low," I said looking down at my chest. 

"It is supposed to do that." She said again, sighing. 

A knock came from the door. "That's Otto," I said trying to walk normally. 

"He is an hour early," Raine said, getting ready for her eye makeup. "What look should I go for sexy or dramatic?" 

"I don't know the difference. I said, going to get the door for Otto. My parents decided to take a weekend trip which they often do. 

I opened the door to reveal Otto in a black tux. His jaw dropped at the sight of me in this dress. "Woah."

"I know right. What are you wearing?" I asked. 

"A tuxedo." He said. 

I bit my lip, not saying anything as I led the way back to my room. 

Raine turned to reveal what she had done with her eyeshadow. It was navy matching the color of her dress with a lighter blue in the corner and the outside. "Otto what are you wearing!" She exclaimed. 

"A tuxedo." He said again.

"No, here put these on." She shoved a bag toward Otto and pointed to my bathroom. 

"You said it was formal." Otto reminded her. 

"Ugh. How I am friends with you two is beyond me."

I sat on my bed looking at the pictures that flooded my bedroom wall waiting until Ranie finished her makeup and could start on mine. 

Otto emerged from the bathroom in a pair of khakis that matched his messy hair, and a white v-neck a light blue jean jacket was thrown over it. 

"That's better." Raine smiled before she spritzed her face. 

"Where did you get these?" Otto asked, looking down at himself. 

"They are my brothers. He won't know they are gone." She waved a hand. "Naomi, do you have a pair of lace-up vans or converse?" 

"Yeah, under the bed." I kneeled, pulling out a pair of red converse that my dad had gotten me for Christmas one year. 

"There," Naomi said. "Your look is complete." 

Otto's hand disappeared in his hair as he scratched his head. He sat on the grey comforter forcing his foot into my shoe. "This is formal?"

"For a guy. Yes." Raine said, beckoning me over to the wooden chair. 

I sat as she tested her foundation on my skin. "Oh, that's orange." She handed me a wipe, going into my bathroom rummaging through my bathroom for the pale color that matches my skin. 

The beginning went by super fast. She exclaimed her huge pallet in search of color. 

"Um natural," I said, as the brush headed for a deep purple. 

"Fine." She sighed, redirecting the brush to a golden brown color. 

"You, my dear, are going to stun Zander Raslon," Raine said as she finished.

I looked at myself in the mirror smiling at the touch up she had made. 

"I don't understand." Otto sighed. 

"What is it now?" Raine asked. 

"Okay, two things. One why did you waste an hour on makeup when you two are pretty the way you were?" 

"It's an art, next question." 

"I heard that Zander slept with all the girls in the school. Why are you pushing someone like that on Naomi? Shouldn't you want better for her?" Otto squinted his eyes.  

She scoffed, "Otto, that is just a rumor. I swear he isn't that bad." 

"Yeah, cause some of the girls aren't good enough for him," I said, spinning around in my desk chair. 

"Plus there is some truth in every rumor," Otto said.