15

#15. Making bad decisions for the bad boy

I was in the middle of plotting my escape when a fuzzy head popped in my window. His wide green eyes and smile made me jump. 

I slowly opened the window for the culprit making sure it didn't squeak and alert my mother. He tried to climb in but fell to the floor causing a loud thug. 

I held my breath waiting to see if angry footsteps were approaching, but when I heard nothing I sprung into action. "Otto, what are you doing here?" 

He gave me a goofy smile. He looked up at me still in the position on the floor. "Your dad knew there was something going on. I mean you? Having plans? It's laughable to think about." 

I rolled my eyes, sitting on the floor next to him. "Go on." I whispered. 

"Anyway. I told him everything, and he wants  you to do it." He said, matching my tone. 

"You told him everything?" I repeated as a question. 

He nodded finally gaining the courage to sit up in a normal position. "A little side note, he wants me to go along and video the whole thing. Especially the part where you embarrass him." 

"Are you serious?" I sighed. 

"He said that you are definitely his daughter and he needs a good laugh." 

I closed my eyes, doing a slow facepalm. At least dad would cover for me while I am gone. 

"Why are you still in normal clothes?" Otto wondered aloud. "Your date is in like and hour and a half." 

"Exactly. An hour and a half. I have plenty of time." 

He cocked his head to look at me. I rolled my eyes and headed to the bathroom to change. Although I wasn't in need of a shower. I wished I could take one. Unfortunately, mom would hear the water running and know something was up. 

"Otto. What is on your face?" I sighed. I took my place where I do my make up and examined myself in the mirror. Usually I had Raine by my side to fix my face. But I was on my on this time. It was finally time for me to put all of those videos to good use. 

"I can finally grow facial hair. It's going to be a mustache. Don't you like it?" He asked. 

I didn't make eye contact. As I looked once more at the little stubs on his top lip. "I think you look better with a clean shave as of now." 

His shoulders slumped but he nodded. 

I dipped my brush in a glittery green to match the dress, when I noticed something else new about Otto. "I see you're putting the outfit Raine got to use." 

His smile grew when I noticed. "I figured we both could be twinning tonight. I mean with the clothes Raine picked out for each one of us separately that is." 

I smiled finishing up my mascara. 

"Please tell me you aren't going to use those fake lashes." Otto said. "They look so dumb. Like caterpillars on your eyes." 

"Much like that mustache of yours." I replied, waiting for the glue to dry. I must admit. I hated them too, but to stick in Zander's mind I will have to go all out. 

Otto frowned, but his gaze was pulled to the door. "Is that Gareth?" 

I nodded, as Otto moved closer to the door trying to pick up on the conversation happening a few rooms away. "What. A. Guy." Otto whispered. 

I smiled at everyone's fascination with him now. Gareth was one of facts and statistics, one of only logical reasons. Something that once made him way too different to socialize with any crowd. But with my sister helping understand social situations and him embracing the quirky guy he was. Gareth made an impact on everyone. 

"You ready." I said. I looked myself over in the mirror. 

Otto turned to look at me. Then he gave me a toothy smile. I paused, meeting his eyes. The swam with mysteries and wonders. It was much different than the way Zander examined me. Zander looked at me like I was a trophy, while Otto looked at me like I was a sunrise. 

"You're beautiful." He said before standing up.

"Thank you." I replied. I also stood, a little shaky of the heels. "Now show me the ins and outs of the window." 

"Well you need a full tour then. This is the inside of the window the one you see most often. This lip right here you need to be aware of. If you miss it on the way in, you will trip. Remember miss lippy you trippy. " 

I rolled my eyes at him gesturing to my window like a gameshow host. 

"Now this is the part I am familiar with." He said opening it up and sliding to the ground. "Get out is the easy part. But getting back in is tricky. Which is why I use this tree to help me get in." He rested his arms on the window seal that reached his chest. 

I stopped him before he gave me any more facts about my window. "It seems easy enough, let's go." 

My heart got stuck for a moment before I stepped out of the window. I wasn't the one who always followed the rules. I like adventures and thrills, but I just prayed that this wouldn't be the one I was caught for.