8.

#8 He is a stalker

My phone started to ring as soon as school was over. I sighed wondering why I called Zander off my phone. I let the call ring as I scoured my kitchen for a snack.

It buzzed, alerting me of an incoming message. I rolled my eyes settling on a rice crispy treat. I tossed it on the wooden counter that my dad had recently put in tting my fading blue hair up away from my face. I may look like a goblin but now I am in the comfort of my own home.

"I thought you wanted to get rid of your boyfriend's video." The text across my phone read.

"He isn't my boyfriend." I responded, tapping send before checking for typos.

"Didn't see you at school today." Zander texted back sooner than I could put my phone down.

A weird relief flooded over me. I wasn't concerned that Zander had seen me in sweats and a hoodie, but part if me was glad he didn't.

"So where are we going." I said, changing the subject.

"Don't sound so excited." My phone buzzed. I stretched out unto my bed, tossing the wrapper into a plastic trash can. The house was super quiet, due to my parent long hours.

"Are you going to tell me?"

"Be ready by seven." Was the only answer I got.

~

The clock ticked to seven. I turned my phone on then off then back on again. Revealing no new notifications. I played with a strand of blue hair, trying to figure out what was going on.

Zander didn't know where I lived. He didn't give me a place to meet him at, and he said nothing of going to his house. My stomach turned over with nerves.

Then the doorbell echoed through the house making my heart drop.

"I got it." I called, smoothing out my jeans. There was no way this could be Zander; he doesn't know where I live.

I made myself take a breath before opening the wooden door. Zander stood before me giving me a half a smile. He almost looked nervous.

I looked to the couch where my dad was playing a video game. The doorbell had made him pause the game, and now he was giving me a questioning look.

My dad raised a dark eyebrow, probably wondering why his daughter, who hates socialization, is leaving.

I gave him a smile. "I won't be long."

Zander wore dark clothes that matched the fading colors in the sky.

"Where do you know where I live?" I asked in a hushed voice so my dad wouldn't hear.

He shrugged,"I have my sources."

I was going to press on but he said,"Don't bother asking anything else. I am not telling you."

This guy wants me to magically fall in love with him. Does he think that will happen if he stalks me? That isn't cute but in fact creepy.

I tried to think of what his source could be, but I came up blank. So instead I asked,"Can I know where we are going now?" I followed him down the sidewalk.

"That wouldn't be any fun. Now would it?" His deep voice answered. He unlocked his car waiting for me to get inside.

"Is it dangerous?" I wondered. My dad would kill me, if I got into trouble.

He cracked a smile. "I would never." He started the car before mumbling. "At least not of the first date."

"This isn't a date. I am only doing this for my friend." I corrected.

Zander slowly to a stop sign and then met my green eyes. For the first time I really looked at him. His blue eyes were like a pool of mysteries, and I wanted to know what all he was hiding. "You agreed to go out with me. Just once. So for you to get your little friend's video offline, you have to consider this as a date."

I broke eye contact glancing down at the spotless floorboard. This isn't what I pictured a guy like him would drive. It seemed like there would be more trash and dirt.

"Say it." He said. The tone in his voice made me eyes shoot back up to him. It wasn't commanding or snotty. But his voice cracked almost like he was pleading. Like he needed me to say it.

"This is a date." I replied after the slience. The words felt gross as the came our my mouth, but I didn't want to ruin the chance of getting the video removed.

He gave a slight nod. His muscles tightened as his face was once again plastered with that dumb smirk. Once again he put up his armor.

"What happened between you and that girl at the party?" I asked, as the car became quiet.

"Oh. I didn't know you were a girl who wanted to know all the details." He smirked.

My face grew red at what he was insinuating. "I meant after."

"It is just an every now and then thing. It's nice to have someone without commitments. Not like you would know anything like that."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I huffed.

"Your one of those girls who want something deep or real." He remarked.

"Is that a bad thing?"

He squinted his eyes deep in thought. "There isn't many real things left in this world."

I bit my lip. It was indeed hard to find someone genuine nowadays.

"We are here." He announced, getting out of the car.

The sun was wishing it goodbyes for the day. It peaked through the trees slight.

I have seen one to many lifetime movies to know that you shouldn't be alone with a guy in a sketchy place.

Zander's figure also disappeared into the distance as I closed the door. I jogged to catch up with him.

"Zander?" I called slowing my pace. I examined the scenary around him. My anxiety increased wondering what was going to happen.

He stopped turning around. The look on his face once again changed. "Trust me Naomi."