6

#6 he is just in it for himself

"My head hurts." Otto whined from the leather couch.

"Remember what I said." I warned, talking about how I told him that he better not vomit anywhere.

"What happened?" He questioned. He sat up attempting to run a hand through the mop on his head.

I raised my eyebrows,"Well I am not really sure. You disappeared on me for awhile" I busied myself by flipping channels on the television not meeting his eyes.

"Am I a lightweight?" He asked. The blanket wrapped around him made him look like a cocoon waiting for a butterfly to take its place.

A small smile broke out onto my face. "I think so. But I don't think you are hungover because of the one strawberry you ate."

"Then what?" He sighed, resting his woozy head on his hand.

"I think someone put something in your water." I replied.

"Why are teenagers so irresponsible and destructive." He took a sip of coffee from the blue mug I handed him when he woke up. "I didn't embarrass myself did I?"

I moved to the kitchen, biting my lip. As I waited for the water to become warm I knew I had to tell him. I sat beside him, the smell of alcohol stuck to the clothes he borrowed from Raine.

"Otto, you know you are white."

He titled his head like a puppy, learning a new sound.

"When I found you...you were in the middle of the dance floor trying to give a girl a lap dance." I held my breath, waiting for his reaction.

He buried his face into his hands. "Did she enjoy it?"

I laughed softly at his first question. "She wasn't disgusted, that's for sure."

"How are we hiding this from my parents?" He asked next.

"I called them, and told them that we were safe. And since you didn't like driving in the dark, you would sleep on our couch tonight." I explained, and he nodded.

"At least it is over. I am never going to another-" Otto's words were drowned out by a ding from my phone. I pulled up the notifications to see a link from Raine.

"Um, I don't think it is over." I said turning the phone for Otto to see. The familiar scene of Zander's house filled my screen. In the middle of the music you could make out Otto. The crowd swayed back and forth, but cheered him on.

Otto's emerald eyes widened at his sloppy appearance. "Why did I ever think I could dance?"

"Oh my..." Otto continued,"That is Jenessa."

I looked down, saddened by his situation. Jenessa was a girl that never looked once at poor Otto. He pretty much drooled over her in the seventh grade but slowly stopped stalking about her. I knew that crush must have still been hidden somewhere. But it was a spoken rule to not talk about it.

Otto planned to ask her to the junior high dance, but could gather enough courage before another guy swept her away. And after that he never tried to talk to her again.

I stood moving over toward where the room opened up to the kitchen. Soon my phone made another noise as Raine answered my text.

"What are you doing?" Otto slowly spoke.

"I am trying to fix this. Zander has control over this video. Raine said that there was a whole page dedicated to the crazy things that happen during his parties."

"And you think he is just going to take this one down, why? Because you asked him to?"

I met his wide, curious eyes. The pupils were still bigger than what they are supposed to be. I thought of the other side I caught of Zander for a brief moment. The side where instead of trying to use me, he was concerned for me. I thought about what Raine said. He isn't as bad as you think. This must be what she was talking about but why does he put on an act?

"I am just going to try." I said looking done at the number followed by several wide eyed emojis.

The phone rang several times before a groggy voice answered the phone.

"Late night?" I asked, as my greeting.

"Ah Namoi, couldn't stop thinking of me last night?" Some inside me shifted, as if I was disappointed the self absorbed act was back.

"I need a favor."

"Finally. I can be over in five minute tops. " I heard him shifting around his room.

"Stop." I warned. "I need you to delete that video of Otto."

"Otto?" He asked.

"The guy that is always around me. My friend. The one you slammed into." I reminded.

"Oh. No can do."

"And why not?" I restored.

"Well for one it was at my house, meaning I have control of what to do with it. Two many other people have it too so it will never be gone."

My anger grew. I wished he was here so I could really give him a piece of my mind.

"Is he your boyfriend? Is that why you are so upset? Cause he was all up on Jenessa."

His voice made my skin crawl as it echoed through the phone. I looked to my friend, who had drifted away again.

"No. Of course not." I answered.

"Well I guess I can pull a few strings if..." He stopped. He had perfectly casted a line and was waiting for me to take a nibble.

"If what..." I said taking the bait.

"Well since we are both not tied down to anyone," Zander paused and I hated where this was going. "Then why not you and I go out just once."

"Just once?" I repeated.

"Unless you beg for more." I rolled my eyes at the snob before making the deal.