Nineteen

Nineteen

   “Now honey, we just need to take one last sample of your blood.”

   The nurse smiles at mum. She holds out her arm without complaint and within a few seconds, the needle is in and out, now storing precious blood – which holds the Pixie Queen’s poison.

   I wait for the nurse to walk out and then before she can even process what’s happening, my hand darts out, snatches the small vial – and I make a run for it.

   I move lighting quickly, quicker than human eyes can process and before she even has a chance to call for someone to catch me... I’m gone.

   Outside, Monroe is waiting for me expectantly. “Did you get it?”

   I hold it up victoriously, unable to keep a smile off my face.

   “That was the easy part over. Now all we have to do is teleport over there using the blood – and make some kind of deal with her.”

   “Do we have to make a deal?” I sigh. “Can’t we just steal some of her blood?”

   “No, she has to give it willingly or the potion won’t work!”

   “How do you know?” I grumble.

   “I know some stuff, this isn’t the first time a Pixie has poisoned someone you know!”

   “My bloody mother. She’s so much hassle,” I mutter.

   He grins. “It’s a good thing I know how we can teleport, huh?”

   “‘How?”

   “You don’t know?” He laughs.

   “Well duh,” I mutter, bumping him with my hip.

   He slings an arm around my shoulders and pulls me close. “You’re supposed to be a Seeker aren’t you? So how come you don’t know how to teleport?”

   “Shut up,” I growl. “Just tell me how to do it?”

   “We visit a Demon.”