Eight

Tobias' PoV

"I'm pregnant!" Shauna squeals, and we all congratulate them. Tris' face pales, and she puts on a fake smile, once we all settle down, I ask Tris for a word, outside, and our friends start the game without us. We walk down to the place we had our first kiss.

"What's wrong, Tris?" Her blue-gray eyes sparkle with tears. "I feel like we are going nowhere in this relationship. Christina and Will are gonna get married, Shauna and Zeke are having a baby. Marlene and Uriah are out on a date, but they have already slept with each other," her eyes focus on the river. I stand in silence, shocked, and she continues on. "We haven't gotten anywhere since I finished my final test. We are on a rollercoaster that just goes straight. I don't think I can be with you anymore, Four." Tears fall thick and fast down her face. "No. I forbid to let you go." She gazes somewhere else, and punches my arm, so I let go of her waist. I wince, and she escapes from me. I don't go back Zeke's place, because she is most likely going to be there. Instead I go to our apartment.

Tris' PoV

I feel bad for breaking it off with Tobias, but I hope he understands. Our relationship wasn't improving, we were stuck in one place. I hope this time apart from him will make me have an epiphany. I avoid our friends, and I go to the corridor where I hid in when Edward left. I try to sob quietly.

**********

After ½ an hour, Christina calls my phone. I answer it. "Where the hell are you, Trissy?" She says in a soft voice, which makes me wonder if she's seen Tobias. I ache at the thought of him, and realize that I have to train initiates with him in a couple of days. "Can I stay at your place for a bit?" Christina makes an approving sound, and I walk towards her apartment. "Meet you there," is all she can say.

Christina's PoV

After Tris hung up on me, I ask Will about Tris crashing in our guest room. He doesn't mind. When we walk in the door we see Tris, sitting on our couch. I go to comfort her, and I ask her to explain. "I-I b-b-broke up," she says, in between sobs. "With Four, be-be-becau-because I felt like our relationship is going nowhere." She curls up into a ball and sobs into her knees. I want to hug her, but I don't know what to do. Will has already left for bed. "Would you like to borrow some clothes?" Tris nods, and I give her clothes to sleep in. I try to find a loose top, and track pants, because I know that Tris sleeps in her Abnegation wear. She thanks me, and hugs me, in a friend way.

I hope she can recover soon.

Don't worry, knowing me, FourTris will be back together soon. I also started crying whilst writing the break up... whoops.😂
Sorry for this.
~○~
ChoosingAblaze