21

Chapter 21 - Cheers by Rihanna

Lights. Music. High heels. Sleek suits. Make-ups. Hair dos. Runway.

Elite Fashion Week

Everybody has been gathered backstage. People sat in front of mirrors getting retouched, others inside a makeshift dressing room to change. Other hired staffs wearing head gears and microphones for communication.

Jennie had peeked outside the seats, people are starting to gather round. Seats are being filled. Roaming waiters with hors d'oeuvres and champagne flutes on top. However, they were only allowed to give out sparkling wine.

Everything seems to be going well. Jennie inhaled and suddenly exhaled and squealed as she saw who just arrived. One of the editors from Vogue Korea!

She went to tell her best friend Irene.

"Unnie! An editor from Vogue Korea attended!" Jennie gushes as she and Irene held hands near their faces and jumps up and down.

"Omo omo. Let me see!"

They both went to peek outside again and saw the editor trying to busy herself with taking videos on her phone.

Just then, their eyes were caught when their professor miss Park suddenly appeared and sat on her designated seat.

"Miss Park looks like a runway model

"Miss Park looks like a runway model." Irene said and Jennie gulped.

Miss Park has been eyeing each and every detail of their event. Even though they did some late night checking of the overall venue.

"She sure does look like someone attending a fashion week in Paris."

A few moments later, everybody has been prepped and was lined up and ready to hit the runway.

Before they started, Jennie ushers everyone and murmured a little prayer of thanks and guidance.

Afterwards, the music changed into their catwalk playlist and the first models started to walk.

Jennie felt her heart bouncing forcefully on her chest as she monitors the models' live video feed on the screen backstage.

Jennie felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned her head and her nervousness fades.

"I'm so proud of you Jendeuk, everything's gonna go smoothly."

Jennie lightly hugged her cousin to avoid creasing her outfit.

"Thank you, unnie."

Before they ended the hug, her eyes was met by doe ones. Familiar orbs she has been akin to look at.

But this time, it didn't linger much to hers.

Lisa and her finally developed a professional relationship. Jennie knew that their last talk somehow made Lisa serious and had let go of their supposed friendship.