Chapter 39 - Overwhelming by Jon Bellion

Jennie's POV

I woke up in Lisa's bed facing the ceiling with my arms under my head.

The way I'm racking my mind to remember if this was the first time I woke up not cuddling with Lisa.

The whole lot we ended up on the same bed, may it be during our random plays then and during our relationship now.

Even during that Prada FW in Korea, after a long time of not seeing each other.

We always wake up cuddling.

Well, not today.

Lisa has her back to me. And there's this big space between us that even two head pillows can accommodate.

I glanced at the bedside clock, 4:00 am Thailand time.

Why the hell am I awake this early specially when I'm on my vacation?

Because last night happened.

🔀▶️

Lisa's POV

I'm wide awake early in the morning. I felt dissatisfied waking up on my side and not back hugging Jennie.

No amount of sex from last night can erase the fact that there's tension building between us.

Not sexual tension, that's already built before. Kinda been the foundation of our relationship right?

I think I screwed things up. Was I way too fast to ask that?

What if the core of our relationship is only because we've got this undeniable sex chemistry with each other?

No.

Lalisa, you're out of your mind.

We said I love you's to each other right? And we meant it, right?

Oh fuck.

I need to get some air.

I felt Jennie move from the bed. Is she awake now? Are we gonna talk about last night this early?

I slowly turn around the bed and saw the distance between us and how Jennie's back was on me.

Her breathing is even, she's probably still sleeping soundly.

I can't believe we survived the night not finding each other's warmth.

Wow the distance and coldness you've caused just because you got to ask such question last night. I told myself.

I stood up and put on some running clothes on. It's funny how we always ended up naked in one bed and get to finish our business but didn't get to talk things out.

After I tied up my shoes, I wrote a note and put it on the bedside table in case Jennie woke up and I'm still not back.

I need to clear my head and brave 'the talk' we need to have later.

I kissed her head and headed out.

🔀▶️

Jennie's POV

She left.

I quickly picked up the note she left on the bed side table.

Went out for a run.

£

Has this been her daily routine? Running in the morning? Oh there's just way too many things I still don't know about her.