37

Chapter 37 - Jet Lag by Simple Plan feat Natasha Bedingfield

Jennie's POV

I've been sitting here in my office for two hours now. It's 9:00 am.

Work is sprawled on my table. I need to review my editors' suggestions for the next magazine concept.

I know I should be working but I am here, pouting and just staring at my coffee stained mug that has long been emptied by me.

Should I get a refill?

Yes.

Maybe it will somehow heighten my low mood.

I stood up from my clerical chair and went out of my office and headed straight to the pantry room, carrying my previous mug with me.

I faced the coffee machine and put a coffee pod in it. I put a fresh mug under the opening and cleaned my previous one.

I waited a good three minutes to have my brewed coffee. I instantly smelled the roasted coffee as the machine spurts out the liquid. I put some creamer and just enough sugar to make it sweet. And ohh, I laughed when I remembered my old boss, mr. Hong. God bless his soul.

I added a dash of cinnamon.

I absentmindedly sipped on my cup and it has burned my tongue making me jolt a little.

Shit.

No. This isn't working. I hate it!

I hate it! I hate it! I hate it!

I've been a little cranky this past week because...

Lisa has gone for Thailand and it has been a week since I've been alone in my apartment. Chahee already left for NZ even before Lisa did.

And I was having quite some adjustments in spending time alone again in my apartment. It's just so freaking quite!

And Lisa and I only face timed each other only a couple of times.

I miss her.

I grabbed my mug and went back inside my office, my tongue is throbbing from getting burned.

I know it's late in Thailand now, but I miss her so freaking bad. So I opened face time and called her.

I'm excitedly waiting for her to answer but, she didn't.

I sighed and slumped back on my clerical chair feeling down. Guess my baby is tired and is already asleep.

This early? It's only like, 9:30 pm in there. I puffed my cheeks.

What time is it where you are?
I miss you more than anything

Okay, maybe I should really finish work now that I have been delaying for my hours inside the office.

But then the memory of Lisa's last day in New York made its way to my mind.

Flashback

We are in Lisa's apartment and I'm helping her pack her things.

"You know, you can leave some of your things in my apartment so we don't have to pack these many right?" I asked.

"Babe, I think since we are packing the last minute, it is better to just stuff things inside a suitcase than to do transfers now." She said as she continued to fold her shirt and stack it gently inside her yellow suitcase.

"You're right." I said dejectedly.

"Hey, come here." Lisa opened her arms for me and I left what I'm doing and scurried over her. "It will just be a month or shorter if I can finish all the necessary documents I need to open up a studio here, okay?"