Chapter 15

Three Weddings-Sanditon, Willingden, London

Three months after the Regatta Ball

Charlotte and Sidney chose to be married in Sanditon. Charlotte, wearing a beautiful cream silk and lace dress, simply glowed under the loving gaze of her groom as she made her way down the aisle on the arm of her father. The entire Heywood family came to Sanditon, even though Mr. Heywood was not inclined one bit to travel. However, this magical place had won the hearts of his two daughters and the marriage of his oldest daughter was reason enough to make the trip.

It was a jubilant congregation that cheered the newly married couple even before they exited the chapel, many of whom were shedding quantities of happy tears-theirs was a love that was hard fought and won as some would say, against the odds. Those who loved them and had their faith in true love restored by Sidney and Charlotte were all in attendance. Lady Susan was honored to be seated with Charlotte's family, as Otis Molineux was asked to be part of the Parker family seating. Two soon-to-be brides stood with Charlotte-Alison Heywood and Georgiana Lambe. The Parker brothers stood with Sidney.

They received their guests at Sanditon House where Lord and Lady Babbington opened their home and gardens with a sumptuous luncheon in honor of Lord Babbington's dearest friend and new wife. Lady Denham would have been very pleased-aside from the extravagant cost perhaps.

Mr. Crowe who had been touring Europe for weeks missed much of the reconciliation of the newlyweds and no one was more surprised or glad, for it provided more opportunities to raise a glass to their happiness.

Sidney and Charlotte Parker left for a month to the south of France and upon their return will begin building the home of Charlotte's design which will be positioned along the clifftops, overlooking Sanditon and the vast sweep of the ocean that means so much to them both.

***

Six months after the Regatta Ball

Mr. James Stringer proposed marriage to Alison Heywood at the Regatta Ball, at practically the same time that Sidney proposed to Charlotte. The two sisters had always been very close and their joy for one another knew no bounds when this became known.

Alison and James Stringer elected to be married in Willingden. They had traveled to Willingden to ask for her father's blessing within a week of the ball, and James fell in love with not only Alison and her family, but with Willingden. He only wished that his father were still alive and could have met Alison and her family. He would have been very pleased for Young Stringer.

The town of Willingden was delirious with joy over Charlotte's marriage and Alison's engagement. Alison's wedding would be a grand opportunity for the townspeople to celebrate with the Heywood family. The women of the town decorated and filled the church with a profusion of beautiful spring flowers and provided a sumptuous luncheon on the town square in honor of James and Alison Stringer.

Alison wore her sister's wedding dress. The Parkers-all of them, Lady Susan Worcester, and many of the friends from Sanditon, traveled to Willingden to see another Heywood sister wed to one of Sanditon's own. Charlotte stood with Alison, unable to contain her tears of happiness for her sister and her dear friend, James Stringer.

Mr. and Mrs. Stringer returned to Sanditon briefly, and soon departed for London where James would begin his apprenticeship in architecture. The Sanditon project, nearing conclusion, was safely handed off to be completed by his able team of craftsmen.

Mr. Stringer hoped to begin plans for a town of his own design at some time in the future. There was some discussion of joining forces with his new sister-in-law Charlotte in establishing an architectural firm. Time would tell.

***

One year after the Regatta Ball

Georgiana Lambe, on the arm of her guardian Sidney Parker, floated down the aisle of the London cathedral to meet in marriage the man of her choosing-Mr. Otis Molineux. Her happiness and sparkling smile told anyone present that this was a love born of the stars.

Georgiana, with her almost limitless fortune, could have had any wedding dress designed for her, but she had asked Charlotte if she could wear her dress. So the beautiful cream silk and lace dress was altered to Georgiana, and spoke volumes about the love between friends. Her guardian, Mr. Sidney Parker stood with Otis Molineux-a man that he had at one time forbade Georgiana to see. Mrs. Sidney Parker-Charlotte-stood with Georgiana, again with tears of joy brimming over.

In true London fashion, a grand luncheon at an elegant hotel was held in their honor where only the very best champagnes from France were served with the delicacies expected at such an affair. Mr. Arthur Parker enjoyed the lavish meal with great delight and overindulgence.

Mr. and Mrs. Molineux departed London for their summer home in Sanditon to relax in the warmth of not only the sun and warm breezes, but in the love of true friends. They will continue to call London their home with Otis's business headquartered there. However, Otis and Georgiana will spend many happy summer afternoons in Sanditon with their dear friends, Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Parker.

True love always wins-and Lady Susan is never wrong about this...

The End