The Breakup

A/N: For this story, Colby and Brennan have just met. 

Sam's POV

I wake up in my room, unsure of how I got there. I stand up and find a note on my desk.

Hey Sam,

I noticed you were asleep outside so I carried you to your bed so you wouldn't get sick.

Colby.

I sigh, taking note of the fact that he didn't say I love you like he normally would have done if he leaves a note. I decide to take a shower, so I grab some clothes and a towel. I open my door to see Colby standing there.

"Good morning, Sam," he says.

"Hi Colby," I say, with a bit of anger in my voice.

"So, I guess you're still mad," he says.

"Mad?! Of course, I'm still mad!" I shout.

He flinches, "Sam, I-"

I cut him off, "I thought about our relationship last night and I think we should break up."

He looks at me, sadness flooding his face. "Sam, please. I don't want to break up. We can work this out," he says. "I'm so sorry about our fight, but please, I don't want to break up. I love you." I don't answer him. "Sam, please. Don't break up with me. We can get through this." He moves towards me but I back away. Tears start to flood his eyes, but I just push past him, walking towards the bathroom to shower.

Colby's POV

I watch Sam walk away from me. I can't believe he broke up with me. It was just a fight, why would he break up with me? I collapse on the floor of Sam's room. I hear the shower turn off, so I stand up and head to my room. I collapse on my bed after locking my door. I start to cry. Sam just broke up with me. All because of a fight.

My phone dings, it's Brennan.

B: Hey man! You want to film a video today?

I ignore it, still lost in my thoughts. I want Sam back; I want to hold him. I wish I could take back the last day and still have Sam as my boyfriend.

B: Colby?

C: Not today.

B: Everything okay?

C: no.

B: what happened?

I pause because I hadn't told Brennen I was gay yet.

C: I had a fight with someone important to me.

B: oh, I'm sorry. Girlfriend?

C: umm...

B: Boyfriend?

C: yes....

B: I'm sorry man. I'm sure you will work it out.

C: He broke up with me.

B: oh. sorry.

B: do you want to come over? get away from your house for a bit?

C: sure. I'll be there soon.

I lock my phone and grab my keys. I open my door slowly, making sure that no one is in the hallway. I don't see anyone, so I creep downstairs. Luckily, no one is downstairs either. I get out of the house and drive to Brennan's apartment. When I get there, I text Brennen that I am there. He comes to let me in.

"Hey Colby," he says.

"Hi," I say.

"Do you want to watch a movie? Take your mind off things?" he asks.

I nod and he puts on a movie. About halfway through the movie, my phone buzzes.

Corey: Colby, where are you?

Colby: I'm at a friend's house.

Corey: Why did you leave?

Colby: Sam broke up with me.

Corey: oh. Look, I'll talk to him.

Colby: don't. it's over.

Sam's POV

I wake up from a nap to someone pounding on my door. I stand up and I open the door to see Corey standing there, clearly angry.

"You broke up with Colby?!" he yells.

"Yes," I say.

"Why?"

"Because it had to be done," I say.

"That's crap and you know it, Sam," he says. "You love Colby and he loves you."

"It's over. He and I are over," I say.

"Sam, you're just upset right now. But you still love him, I know you do. you're just angry," Corey says.

"I'm just over it. He doesn't tell me things, I'm done," I say. He sighs and leaves my room.

Corey's POV

I leave Sam's room and head downstairs. Jake sees my face and asks, "What happened?"

"Sam broke up with Colby," I say.

"What?!"

"I know... It's bad. Colby is at a friend's and Sam is convinced that he did the right thing."

Colby comes home later in the evening. Jake and I run to him and hug him. He immediately breaks down crying.

"I-I can't believe he broke up with me-e," he says through his tears. We don't what to say so we just hug him. He pulls away and heads upstairs to his room.