The Way Back to You?

Sam's POV

I'm glad that Colby and I got the chance to talk yesterday. I have missed him a lot. I just hope that we can find our way back to the way we used to be. I walk downstairs to see Colby sitting downstairs.

He looks at me and says, "Hey Sam..."

"Hey, Colby. Are you okay?"

"I've been thinking," he says.

"About what?" I ask.

"Us. I think this might be going too fast," he says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I just don't think that I can do this," he says.

"Do what?"

"You have to understand, I love you. But I don't think this is a good idea," he says.

"Colby, we were doing good. What changed?!" I shout.

"I spent this last night and this morning thinking. I just think we need to slow down," he says.

"I don't understand Colby. Things were fine yesterday."

"I know," he says.

"So, tell me why they aren't now," I say.

"I told you that it's too much, too fast!" he yells.

"Then why did you agree to fix things?!" I yell back.

"Because I was overwhelmed, and I missed you. I was just glad that we were talking! You hadn't talked to me for weeks, and we were finally talking. I just didn't want to lose you again!"

He moves to run upstairs but I try to stop him. "Colby-" 

He shakes me off and storms upstairs.

Great, another fight. I don't know if I can take much more of this.

Colby stays in his room for the rest of the day. I try knocking on his door several times and opening it, but he doesn't open the door and he's locked his door.

"Colby, please open the door. I have food, you need to eat."

"Go away, Sam!"

I sigh and leave the food by his door. I walk back to my room and close the door.

Colby's POV

I hear Sam walk away and open my door. I see that he made me my favorite meal and left it for me. I bring the plate into my room and eat the food. When I finish, I pick up the plate and carry it downstairs to wash it. Luckily, no one is downstairs. But just in case, I wash the plate as quickly as I can and head back upstairs. I lock my door again and fall back on my bed. Then someone knocks on my door. I ignore it.

"Colby, it's Corey. Open the door," he says.

I open the door and let him in, leaving the door open.

"What's up Corey?"

"Sam told me what happened. I just wanted to check on you," he says.

"Oh," I say.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know," I say. "I hate fighting with Sam. But things are moving too fast. I tried to tell him that and he got mad."

Sam walks in as soon as I finish saying this. He starts to say something, but I stop him.

"I don't want to hear it. Just leave me alone, Sam," I say.

"Colby, please..."

"No Sam. I don't want to do this," I say.

"Colby maybe you should hear him out," Corey says.

"Get out! Both of you," I shout.

"Colby..." Sam says. Corey leaves the room, shutting the door behind him. "Please, talk to me."

"No, just go."

"I'm not leaving until you talk to me," he says.

"Fine, then I'll go," I say, grabbing my keys. 

He goes to stop me, but I storm out before he can try. I head back to the beach where we had our first kiss.