Promise

Sam's POV

I wake up to an empty bed, no Colby to be seen. I don't hear anyone moving downstairs so I pull out my phone to text him.

S: where are you?

C: I went to get a few things. I'm five minutes away.

S: Okay.

I hear the door open downstairs and I head downstairs to meet Colby. He's waiting for me in the living room. He pulls me into his arms and pulls out a box.

"Colby? W-what is that?"

I suddenly worry that he is going to purpose to me, I'm not ready for that.

He seems to read the look on my face because he says, "Don't worry, I'm not purposing to you." I look at him, confused. "It's a promise. A promise to you that I love you forever and I won't ever leave you."

He opens the box and I see a beautiful ring. I nod and take the ring to put it on my finger. I hug him tightly then kiss him.

"I love you, Colby. I have wanted you back for so long and I'm so happy to finally call you mine again."

"I love you too Sammy. You are my everything."

I kiss him and pull him down to the couch on top of me. He wraps his arms around me and pulls us up, so I am sitting on his lap with my legs wrapped around his waist. We kiss until we hear a car pull into the driveway. I sit next to him as his mom comes into the room.

"So when you are two leaving?" she asks.

"Day after tomorrow," Colby says.

We spend the rest of the day and the next with his family because Colby wants to spend as much time with his family as possible. I pack up the car while Colby says goodbye to his family. I finish packing the car as Colby's mom walks up to me and hugs me too. I hug her back and say goodbye to the rest of his family. We get in the car and Colby starts to drive. We take turns driving throughout the day, switching off when one of us gets tired. Night has fallen when we switch again. Colby falls asleep as soon as he gets into the passenger seat. I drive until I get tired, so I pull into a hotel. Colby wakes when I stop the car.

"Babe, what's going on?"

"I was getting tired, so I decide to stop at a hotel."

"I could've driven."

"It's okay, now we can both sleep," I say, getting out of the car.

He gets out of the car and we go into the hotel. We get a room and walk to the room. I decide to take a quick shower. I get out of the bathroom to see that Colby is still awake.

"What's up Colbs?"

"I was waiting for you. I want to cuddle," he says.

I lay down next to him and pull him into my arms. He snuggles up to me and we fall asleep.

I wake up to Colby kissing me. I kiss him back, wrapping my arms around him. I pull away after a few minutes. "We should head out," I say.

"What's the rush? I want to keep kissing you," he says.

"We don't want to hit traffic," I say.

"Fair point," he says.

We get ready and check out. I get into the driver's seat and pull out of the parking lot. We hold hands as I drive. We switch places around lunchtime, and he drives until dinnertime. I drive until around midnight when Colby wakes up and insists on switching again. When I wake up in the morning, we are close to LA, so we decide to spend a few hours in a hotel. As soon as we get into the room, his lips are on mine. We kiss for a few minutes before I pull away.

"Colbs, you must be tired."

"I'd rather kiss you," he says, kissing me again.

He leads me back to the bed and falls on top of me. He kisses me again and I give trying to talk. I lose myself in him as we make out. We pull away, breathless.

"Now, will you sleep baby?"

"Okay, okay."

I kiss him once more and he rolls off me. I pull him into my arms, and he falls asleep almost at once. My phone vibrates next to me and I see that I have a text.

Jake: Hey Sam. Are you guys almost home?

Sam: We'll be back by evening.

Jake: Okay, can't wait to see you both.

When Colby wakes up, we check out and head home. We arrive back at the traphouse three hours later. I grab our bags out of the trunk. I start to walk toward the house but then I notice that Colby isn't behind me. I turn around to see him sitting on the ground, crying.

"Colby?" I ask, worried. He doesn't answer so I sit down next to him. "Love, what's wrong?"

"I can't...."

"You can't what?"

"I can't go in there, Sam."

"Why not?"

"I just can't okay?"

"Colby, you can't stay out here. You'll get sick."

"Then I'll stay in my car."

"Colby, please tell me what's wrong."

I reach for his hand, trying to calm him down but he pulls away from me and takes off down the sidewalk. I debate following him but he clearly wants to be alone so I pick up our bags and head into the house. I set his bag down in his room and head into my room. Someone knocks on my door. I open it to see Corey and Jake standing there.

"Where's Colby?"

"He took a walk. He said he couldn't come in but he wouldn't tell me why."

"I thought everything was fine," Jake says.

"I thought so too... We were happy and the whole drive back he was fine. I don't understand what happened..."