The Beach Again

Two Months Later

Sam and I have been spending nearly every moment together. I think I might be ready for more, but I'm scared. Sam is out of the house, so I text him.

C: Hey Sam. I don't want to bother you. But I need to tell you something. (sent at 2 pm)

S: What is it?

C: I'm scared still, but I think I'm ready.

S: What are you scared of? And what are you ready for?

C: I'm scared of being hurt again, but I want to date again.

S: Are you sure?

C: yes.

S: come to the beach?

C: be there in fifteen.

I arrive at the beach to see Sam sitting on the beach waiting for me. I walk over to him and pull him up to a standing position. I take him into my arms and kiss him. He immediately kisses me back. He leads me back to the blanket he had laid down, still kissing me. We collapse onto the blanket. We make out for several minutes before he pulls away.

"Sammy?"

"I just need a breath," he says.

I chuckle and wrap my arms around him. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to him.

A few minutes later he says from beneath me, "kiss me Colbs."

I don't hesitate but kiss him again.

"I. love. you," he says, kissing me in between each word.

"I love you too Sammy."

"Don't stop kissing me Colbs," he says.

I continue to kiss him. I haven't felt this way in a long time. He pulls away, both of us breathing hard.

"Oh, Colbs. That was amazing," he says, breathless.

"Yeah, it was," I say, also breathless.

"Kiss me again," he says.

Everything is finally right with me and Sam. He wants to be with me and he loves me.

Colby's POV

I hear a knock on my door and jolt up.