Friends

Colby's POV

Sam and I have been working on our friendship recently. We are spending more time together and talking. We aren't arguing anymore, and things are getting better. It's great to have him in my life again, being able to talk to him and tell him things that I can't tell anyone else. Right now, Sam and I are watching a movie together in the living room. Part of me wants to cuddle up to him but we are just friends. It might be too much. Then, I feel his arm wrap around my shoulders. I lean against him and he holds me tighter. He stares at me and I stare back at him. We turn back to the screen, but he keeps his arm around me. He starts to doze off, so I lay back on the couch and pull him into my arms. I run my fingers through his hair, and he drifts off to sleep.

The movie ends but I don't move because I don't want to wake Sam up. Corey comes into the room then.

"Want me to turn off the TV for you?" he whispers.

I nod and he turns off the TV leaving the room in darkness. I drift off to sleep, Sam still in my arms. I wake up the next morning with Sam still laying on my chest. His hair had gotten messed up while we were sleeping, he looks so peaceful. I fall asleep again and wake up an hour later to find Sam looking at me.

"Morning Sammy," I yawn.

"Morning Colbs. How did you sleep?"

"Great, you?" I say.

"Wonderful." He rests his forehead against mine and for a second he looks like he wants to kiss me. I can't say that I'm surprised because I know he loves me but I'm not ready for that. He moves off my chest and we sit up. He sits on the other end of the couch.

"Sammy? What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry..."

"For what?"

"I think you know what..."

I sigh, "Yeah, I do. But you don't need to be sorry."

"I just don't want to push you to do something you aren't ready for you," he says.

"You didn't. You could have kissed me, but you didn't. That tells me that you are thinking of me and my feelings. And I appreciate that."

He sits next to me again and I take his hand. "Thank you, Sammy. Really."

"Anything for you Colbs."

I hug him, glad that he is by my side. We spend the rest of the day hanging out with our roommates by the pool. It's just like old times and everything feels normal again. I am finally starting to feel like myself again.