Talking

Colby's POV

I stay in my room for the rest of the day, not wanting to talk to anyone. I'm just about to fall asleep when someone knocks on my door. I don't answer so they try to open my door, but I locked it when Katrina walked in. They knock again, clearly not going to give up. I sigh and stand up to open the door. It's Sam, looking broken.

"Hi, Colby."

"Hi," I say.

"I'm sorry about earlier... I'm sorry about everything..." 

He starts to cry, and it breaks my heart. I move to hug him, and he collapses into my arms, sobbing. 

"Colby- I know I really hurt you... I know Kat told you about what I have been feeling..." I don't say anything, I just hold him. "Please tell me that I can fix things."

"I don't know... I'm really hurting but I do miss you and I do want you in my life. But I'm just so broken right now." 

He pulls away from me and looks me in the eyes.

"I know, I can tell. But I want to fix this," he says. "Please let me try to fix this," he says.

"Okay," I say.

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close to him. I love feeling him in my arms again, but I worry that it won't last. We end up sitting on my bed in silence.

"So you really aren't dating Katrina?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"No. I know it seems like I was over you. I'm not," he says.

"You aren't?" I ask.

"No... I still love you Colbs," he says. 

I smile slightly at the old nickname.

"I love you too Sam. But I don't think I can trust you with my heart just yet," I say, sighing.

"I understand Colby," he says. 

We talk until I start to feel tired. I yawn, laying down. Sam starts to get up, but I stop him. 

"Colbs?"

"I know I have no right to ask this, but will you stay with me until I fall asleep?" I ask, feeling nervous.

"Of course Colbs," he says. 

He lays down next to me and I lay my head on his chest. He wraps his arm around me, and I drift off to sleep.

Corey's POV

"Hey Kat. Where's Sam?" I ask, walking in the house.

"He went upstairs to try to talk to Colby again. I haven't heard any shouting this time," she says.

"Oh, no. they fought again?"

"Yeah. But I convinced Sam to try talking to him again. He hasn't come down. Anyway, I'm going to head out. Night."

"Night," I say, heading upstairs. I run into Sam in the hallway. "Hey, Sam. Everything, okay?"

"Yeah, Colby is sleeping," he says. Then I notice that his hair is ruffled. I raise my eyebrows at him. "We had a talk, an actual talk not a fight. He asked me to stay until he fell asleep."

"That's great Sam," I say.

"I'm going to head to bed, it's been a long day," he says.

"Okay, night Sam."

He heads to his room and I head to mine.

Sam's POV

I get into my room and close my door. I can hear Colby snoring lightly in his room. I sit down on my bed.