Chapter 15

Zyra's pov

I sighed for the hundredth time today, math isn't the most fun subject in school and i suck at it soo it makes math class a lot more boring than it already is, but i think I'd prefer math class than English class with melody.

Since today is Wednesday my last class is English 'yey lucky me' , note the sarcasm. But i shouldn't let that ruin my mood liam is going to treat me ice cream today.

Ringg!!

Finally lunch time! I hurriedly put my things in my bag and dashed out of the room to meet Stacy and vince in the cafeteria, after getting food i went to our table.

I placed my tray in the table and let out a big sigh of relief "finally lunch time i've been dreading math class, i didn't understand anything!" i complained then started to eat "i feel you z, mr sanchez in history class is like singing a lullaby everytime he talks" she says and rolled her eyes.

With Stacy's response we both groaned "yo girls chill, even though school is sometimes boring you still need to study well" vince said cooly. Me and Stacy looked at him as if we saw a ghost "who are you?" i started "and what did you do with vince?" stacy added.

Vince just chuckled while shaking his head "im still the Vince you know and love" he started i just rolled my eyes "is it bad to encourage my bestfriend and girlfriend to focus on their studies?" he added

Me and Stacy just ignored him and continued to eat, when the bell rang we immediately went to our next class. 'a few more hours zyra then you can get your precious ice cream from liam' i motivated myself as i head to my next class.

-------------------------------

When school was finally over i was happily humming while heading out of the room i didn't have any encounters with melody so i was happy.....

But i spoke too soon...

'oh dear here she goes..'

"hey loser feeling happy today? You want me to spice it up for you?" she asked me with a smirk on her face them she looked at  her friends, they went near me and started to beat me

'like seriously what is their problem? What did i ever do to them?'

They continue to hit and slap me in my face then i felt one pull my hair, i tried to get away from them but its no use the hallway was empty since the students were already outside.

I was in the brink of crying because of the pain when i felt them being pulled away from me i looked up to see who suddenly arrived and i saw liam

'ok i was not expecting that'

"you may be a girl but i wont hesitate to hit you when you lay finger on my sister again,do you understand?" he hissed clearly mad and its a scary sight to see. Melody and her friends looked terrified to the bone they nodded unable to speak then dashed out.

He turned to me "are you ok? Where does it hurt? Tell me!" he worriedly asked me while inspecting some of the bruises i got "im fine liam" i said try to calm him down "what do you mean fine?! Look at you covered in bruises all over!" he exclaimed i sighed

"liam i know your worried about me but trust me im fine, its not like i broke a bone or something, just buy me that promised ice cream then we can talk ok?" he sighed then agreed. After buying my ice cream he questioned me like an investigator and i answered him honestly since there's no point in lying he'll find out amyway. I told him the moment where melody started bullying me in 5th grade till now.

" does mom know about this?"he asked as ge looked at me with a serious face 'I've never seen him this serious ever!' i looked down "no she doesn't know about this, and its better that way i dont want her worrying about me, she already have a lot of problems to worry about at work, i dont want to stress her even more" i explained i looked at him "please dont tell mom" i begged my brother he thought about it for a few minutes then he agreed.

"ok i wont tell her, but you have to promise me one thing" he said "what is it" i asked him feeling a little nervous about this promise "when that girl messes with you again you tell me right away, do you understand?" he said while looking at me in the eyes 'he's definitely serious'
I nodded "yes" i answered.

He drove us back home, the atmosphere was a little awkward, ive never seen him so mad and serious, he's always the happy go with the flow guy when his with my other brothers, dad and mom so it was quite new for me that's why i feel awkward, i don't know how to act towards him now.

When we got home mom question me again where i got the bruises i subtly looked at liam to see what his reaction is but he acted calmly "she got it from her gym class, they were playing volleyball she was hit with the ball a few times cause apparently she was bad at the sport" liam calmly answered mom while smirking a bit

Mom just laughed "well when she was still on 5th grade she tried playing volleyball but ended up with a sprained wrist and ever since that day she swore to never play volleyball again" mom said while chuckling at the memory i smiled rememberring that day then she turned to me "be careful next time, your lucky you only got a few bruises instead of a sprained wrist" mom said went to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

When mom was finally gone i turned to liam "thank you for uh you know covering for me" i awkwardly said he just chuckled at me "your welcome, but remember your promise ok?" he said but this time with a softer facial expression and a softer tone in his voice i smiled then nodded at him he smiled back at me, then we went to the kitchen to eat dinner.