Chapter 5

Shinsou's POV

"Guys, this is Shinsou! He works at the Tattoo parlour across the street from where I work." Kaminari said, introducing me to the rest of the group. I just waved at them awkwardly.

"Uhmm... Hi.." I spoke, my voice was uneven, I tried to fix it by clearing my throat, hopefully it did.

"Hi!! I'm Mina!" The pink haired girl said with a wave,  I gave a shy wave back.

"What's up dude, I'm Sero!" The black haired male smiled.  He honestly looked like the default male mii to be completely honest but I wasn't going to comment on it.

"I'm Jirou, nice to meet you." I practically thanked God that the girl beside me wasn't as high energy as the others seem to be,  this evening would be insufferable if they were all like Kaminari,  I'm not saying that he's insufferable but having multiple Denki's would be a nightmare.  

The waitress came up to the table and asked us what we'd like to drink, I just ordered a water while almost every other person at the table ordered a milkshake. Bakugo and Kirishima ordered one for the two of them, Sero simply ordered a soda, Mina ordered one and so did Jirou. Kaminari ordered a large milkshake, although I was questioning if he'd actually be able to drink that on his own, I didn't comment on it though.

"Oh come on Shinsou! You have to try the milkshakes here!! They're amazing, trust me." He insisted,  but I just rolled my eyes.

"I'll just take a sip of yours." I said casually. He smiled at me as a way to say yes without actually having to speak any words at all.

A few minutes later the waitress came back with all of our drinks and I took a sip of water before the girl beside me began to speak.

"So how long have you two been dating?" Jirou asked, I was shocked by the question and water sprayed out of my mouth before I covered it. My expression was confused and surprised. Kaminari just started laughing his ass of at my reaction.

"Dear fucking Christ!! No! I'm not dating the dumbass." I spoke, sounding almost offended that she had even had the thought to ask that.  I looked over to Kaminari who's expression seemed to change from his usual happy one,  to a seemingly disappointed one.  For some reason I felt bad for saying that,  I usually never felt bad for saying something like that.  "Not-not that would be a bad thing,  but I'm not-we're not." Why did I say it like that? Oh god is his stupid charm getting to me? Dear Christ...

"Hmm... are you sure? I'm usually right about these types of things.." She said, Sero and Mina were laughing as well, and I'm pretty sure I saw Bakugo snickering as well.

"I-uhhh-well you're-you're wrong this time." I said, stammering a little bit, looking slightly away from her.  I was quiet for a few minutes and so was Kaminari.

"Why do you look so tired?" Mina asked me,  I looked at her confused and then remembered that I have dark circles under my eyes that are very visible,   which is probably caused by getting barely any sleep on a regular basis. 

"I-uhh-I have trouble sleeping... like in general." I spoke,  my voice going back to it's usual even,  yet tired tone.  "Sometimes I just don't sleep at all when it gets bad." Although I wasn't exactly lying,  I kinda was,  I had a reason for my insomnia,  but I wasn't gonna share that with them now considering I had just met them today.   

I didn't speak any more after that,  but the others did.  I laughed at a few of their jokes,  most of them were Kami's.  For some reason I just couldn't help but laugh at his stupid jokes,  most of them didn't even make sense but I laughed anyway.  This was probably the most I've laughed in an hour than I had my entire life.