Chapter 10

Kaminari's POV

I watched as he left the room before deciding to look around for something small to do while he was paying for the pizza, but nothing really caught my attention. 

I had only remembered that I was wearing a t-shirt when I felt an overwhelming chill come over me and I shivered.

I looked around my bed to see if there was a hoodie around but since I had cleaned up my room there were no clothes on the floor. When I saw Shinsou's hoodie on the bed beside me I just grabbed it without thinking and put it on. 

It was soft,  like,  unbelievably soft,  it was almost like it was brand new,  but it didn't smell new.  It's not like it smelled bad either,  it actually smells quite nice,  like fruity tea and a peach scented candle.. to be honest I've always liked the smell of peach scented candles,  it's a nice smell... I'm going off on a tangent,  I should probably stop.  What am I even doing?  Why am I smelling the hoodie??  Stop it Denki you're being weird.

I just realized that when Shinsou comes back into the room it's going to be severely awkward when he sees that I'm wearing his hoodie, well fuck, it's too late now, time to prepare to self combust when he asks me about it.

I heard the front door close and I began to internally panic. Okay Denki, you're gonna be fine, it's just a hoodie, you can just say you were too lazy to get up and grab a hoodie from the closet so you just grabbed his because it was the closest thing, yeah that can work, I'm gonna be fine!

Shinsou walked in the room with the pizza in his hand and I realized that I was not gonna be fine, oh it was absolutely not going to be fine. As soon as he opened his mouth my whole plan just threw itself out the window and now I'm panicking again. "Yo I'm back with the pizza... is that my hoodie?" He asked and just,  pure panic ran through my veins.

"Well I uhh, alsdbejejvr, well I just, hehe, Y'know, ahshdhk, uhmm.." I spoke, making a terrible attempt at actually saying anything even remotely coherent and also somehow simultaneously verbally keysmashing, which made Shinsou just look at me with a mix of a concerned and confused expression.

"Are you okay?"  He asked, I just let out a small awkward chuckle and looked away, internally cursing at myself. "Are you gonna tell me why you're wearing my hoodie oorrr??" He asked, kinda leaning over to be able to see my face better.

I moved my gaze back up to him and began talking "Heheh, well, IfeltkindacoldsoIlookedaroundontheflooraroundthebedtoseeiftherewasahoodietherebutthenIrememberedthatIhadcleanedupmyroom," I took a breath before continuing what I was saying "AndIwasalsotoolazytogetupandgoovertomyclosettograbahoodieandthenIlookedoverandsawyourhoodiesoIjustgrabbeditandputitonwithoutthinking." I had said it really fast, although I wasn't quite sure if he understand and by his current expression I don't think he did.

"..what?" He asked,  with an expression that simply read 'what in the hell did you just say?' and I just let out a sigh before calming myself down so I can say it again but slower.

"I kinda felt cold so I looked on the floor around the bed to see if there was a hoodie there since there usually is, but there wasn't and then I remembered that I had cleaned up my room and I was too lazy to get up and go over to my closet, and then I looked over and saw your hoodie beside me so I just grabbed it and put it on without thinking about it." I explained for the second time,  he seemed to understand it this time which was good since I didn't want to have to repeat all of that again. 

Shinsou's POV

"Ah,  okay."  I spoke,  now understanding what he said "Anyway,  let's just continue watching the show."  I sat down beside him and put the pizza down. 

He jolted up "I'm gonna go get some paper plates for our pizza." He said,  walking out of the room and to,  I assume,  the kitchen to grab them.  I felt a little.. flustered?? I think is the word that fits here?  Unless I'm feeling embarrassed... but I don't think that's it.  I think I feel a little flustered that Kami is wearing my hoodie,  I mean,  who wouldn't feel flustered when someone is wearing your hoodie?? This is a normal thing right? Yeah,  it's how normal friends feel when their friend is wearing their hoodie,  yeah...

He came back with the plates and handed one to me before sitting back down and pressing play on the computer.  I felt him lean against me again and I feel like this is letting us grow closer. 

A good one or two hours passed and the weight of Kaminari on my shoulder became heavier, I assume it's because he had fallen asleep, I checked my phone, it was around 9:30pm, I guess he was just tired.

I yawned, feeling tired as well, which was expected since I had barely slept last night. I felt... safe with him for some reason, like all of the things from my past just disappeared, like I could fall asleep without worrying about the nightmares, but I know at least one of them is going to show itself when I fall asleep.

I fought to stay awake, I didn't want to fall asleep, I couldn't fall asleep, but my eyes felt so heavy, they begged for sleep, and they won...

In dream:
I appeared into what I assume would be a nightmare, but it wasn't one of the usual's, it was different, why is it different?? I looked around, seeing nothing but a blank area with fog, I turn to the left of me and see Kaminari standing beside me, he held my hand, it was a comfortable feeling.

I looked back in front of us and a whole fair had appeared, we had both seemingly changed clothes in an instant. It seemed like it was Halloween since I was wearing cat ears and a tail. I couldn't quite tell what Kaminari was dressed up as but I know he was in a costume. It seemed nice so far, but I know something was going to go wrong, that's always what happened. 

He began dragging me excitedly towards a roller coaster.  I had never been on a roller coaster before, so this was new for me.  We got in one of the cars and put on the harness,  I looked over at Kami and he looked so excited,  he looked back over to me and smiled brightly,  I couldn't help but smile back,  you could swear his smile was contagious. 

The ride started and the anxiety kicked in,  maybe this is why I had never gone on a roller coaster before,  but it was almost a good kind of anxiety?? If you understand that.  I instinctively just grabbed his hand as we went up the first hill.  We were climbing up quite slowly but I still squeezed his hand. 

We finally got to the top of the hill and then we dropped. 

A/N: 1202 words! I hope you liked this chapter,  although it was more laid back than the others have been.  I'm thinking of making a new shinkami fic,  I'd be posting those chapters on Thursday's or Friday's,  but don't worry I'm gonna be working on this as well,  posts will still be on Monday's,  my new fic will be quite different to this one,  so I hope some of you guys read it as well!! Anyway love y'all,  see you Thursday, byeeee!!