Chapter 17

Kaminari's POV

I felt so embarrassed, my face felt so hot, as if I was like super sick. Why am I like this?! I looked away in an attempt to hide my, most likely, beet-red face. 

"Do you not like the nickname?"  He asked, sounding concerned, I almost jumped at his question.  "I can stop calling you it if you don't like it, I—"

"N-No it's fine!  ..I don't mind it,"  I spoke finally,  cutting Shinsou off,  hey if he's gonna call me by a nickname maybe I should too?  Hmm..  I mean he made a nickname out of my first name so maybe I should make a nickname out of his first name.  Hitoshi really only has one option that I like..  so I guess I can just call him Toshi! 

"Can I- uhhh, can I call you Toshi?" I asked, when I stole a quick glance at the other boy I was surprised to see that he had a light pink colour dusted across his cheeks, his eyes were wide and he had stopped cleaning up the water completely.

He looked shocked as if he wasn't expecting me to say that, but he soon spoke "I- uhmm, y-yeah.." He cleared his throat before talking again  "I mean yeah sure." I could hear the nervousness in his tone, but why?  It's not like he likes me or anything.

I soon remembered what we were actually supposed to be doing and turned my attention back to wiping up the water on the floor.  He soon did the same and we cleaned up all the water in silence.

"Again I'm sorry for scaring you like that." He apologized again, resting his hand on the back of his neck, he did this quite a lot around me and I've always wondered why, but I won't get the answer today I guess. 

"Wait,  why did you come here anyway?"  I asked, remembering that he hadn't explained why he had come here in the first place.

"Uhhhh,  it's my lunch break and I was bored?"  He spoke, it was clear that it was an excuse rather than a reason by the way he had spoken.  He placed a hand on the back of his neck, it seems to be a habit of his since he's been doing it quite a lot.

"You sure?"  I spoke, sounding very suspicious of him, and he could tell.  "It sounds like you were trying to convince yourself on that one." I chuckled, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yes!! I'm serious,  I was bored and it's my lunch break!" I decided to pretend that I still didn't believe him, so I simply showed him a suspicious glare while looking him up and down.  

"Mhm, suuureeee~, whatever you say Toshi!~" I spoke teasingly, causing the boy to become even more frustrated with me, which I took pride in.  

"Wh- I- ha- eh- tch— Huh?!?!" He stuttered, clearly trying, and failing, to find words to say to that.  (New writing style just dropped !!! Also don't mind that it's been like,, 2+ years-)  He stumbled over himself as he struggled to find the right words to say. "I- shut up.." he eventually mutters, clearly making an effort to look anywhere but at me.

I let out a breathy laugh, shaking my head slightly before speaking "I'm kidding!! I'm just teasing you Toshi." I nudged his shoulder jokingly before returning my focus to the puddle on the floor.  

There wasn't much left to clean up, but it still took a good few minutes to fully get it done.  Shinsou was the first to stand up once we were done, holding out his hand to help me up, which I was thankful for at first, but once actually up I realized how bad of an idea it was.  I had accidentally stood up too fast and now I was really dizzy, leaning against him with one hand on his chest and the other in his.

He stumbled back a bit, I assume it was because he wasn't expecting me to put that much of my weight onto him.  "Woahh- hey, are you good?" he questioned, looking at me with concern clear in his eyes as a light blush grew on his face.  

I simply nodded, swaying a bit on my feet as I stepped away from him, not trusting myself enough to be able to form a coherent sentence right then, especially not when I'm literally struggling to stand right now.  

I blinked the black spots in my vision away before speaking, "Mhm.. just, dizzy." I mumbled, a soft smile appearing on my face as reassurance.  

I felt my face grow warm as I realized the situation that just happened between us.  Gods I put my hands on his chest!!  What was I thinking?  I was so close to him... close enough to-- No.  Now is not the time to think about that, he just came over here on his lunch break because he doesn't like his co-workers, he doesn't like me like that.

I shook my head slightly, "Sorry about that, I forgot that when I stand up too fast I get really light-headed, haha." I joked, he smiled slightly.  Holy shit?  He just smiled?? "Was that.. a smile I saw?" I couldn't believe my eyes.  Hitoshi Shinsou just smiled, because of me.  This might just be the best day of my life!!!

His smile immediately dropped and he looked away "No- I didn't, you're just seeing things." He rushed out, "My lunch break is probably over now.  I gotta- I have to go.  Bye Denks."

I giggled at his rushed attempt to leave, "I know what I saw!! Bye Toshi !!!!" I waved him goodbye, and just like that, he was gone.  I was left smiling to myself as I watched him leave, letting out a deep breath.

I sighed before deciding I should probably get back to work.  As I turned around I got jumpscared by Tsuyu standing behind me, "AGH !!! TSU !!!!! YOU CANT JUST DO THAT-" I yelled, holding a hand over my heart in an attempt to calm myself down.  

She simply just smiled, "When are you gonna tell him ya like him?" She asked, ignoring the way she just scared the shit out of me.

Once I regained my composure I finally replied, "Hopefully never," I said, rolling my eyes at her as she tilted her head to the side like a confused puppy.  I really hoped I never had to confess to him, that situation alone proved how much I would never have the guts to tell him I like him, at least not face to face.

She didn't stop pushing though, "Why not?" she questioned further.  Gods that question alone opened up a whole different can of worms that I was not ready to dive into, but here we are.

I breathed out like a scoff, "Why not? Gods Tsu there are so many reasons why not." I began, apparently we were going to dive into that can of worms now.  I took a deep breath before continuing, "First, there's literally zero guarantee that he even likes me back.  Second, I'm so unbelievably awkward around him that I would likely mess it up.  And third, I don't even know how I would!!" I complained, getting it off my chest actually didn't feel so bad, but I still felt like shit. 

She smiled at me, "I can help!" 

A/N: (1223 words) Heyyyy guysssss,,, whats up? I haven't updated this in over 2 years lmao. I've literally graduated between then and now, so thats fun !!! This might be the only update I make since I ended it, but who knows !! I sure don't lmao. Anyway, enjoy!!