Chapter 13

[timeskip to Thursday morning]

Shinsou's POV

I woke up, my head pounded, what the hell happened last night. I tried to remember something, anything, but nothing came up.

Where even am I?

I tried to sit up, but I couldn't, there was a weight on my chest I had not noticed until now. I looked down to see Kaminari laying on top of me while wearing my hoodie.

We didn't.. no... we couldn't've.. right?

Okay,  Shinsou.. just calm down,  what happened yesterday that could have led to this situation,  think.. think!  Just try to recount the events from yesterday that could have possibly made him end up like this with...  him

So...

~°+☆[flashback]☆+°~

I woke up, looking over at the clock to see that it was 5:15am. Damnit.  I had woke up about an hour before I actually needed to get up and now I'm gonna be tired the whole day. 

I decided to just look at cat pictures on my phone to pass the time,  since I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. 

After a while I looked at the time,  6:02,  sure it may have been like 13 minutes away from when I usually wake up but whatever,  it's better to be early anyway. 

I got out of bed,  grabbing some clothes before going into the bathroom to have a shower.  This time though,  I got extra time to just think about things in the shower, which may or may not be a good thing.

Before I got undressed I reached into the shower, turning the handle to the warm side.

I got undressed, slipping my shirt over my head, I glanced at myself in the mirror for a simple second. I wasn't super buff, but I did have enough to say that I did work out quite a bit.

I'm starting to get more confident in my body, although, sometimes I still think it's not enough, that I don't look good enough for anyone, not even myself.

The scars on my arms, back, and sides were visible now, most of them old. Although, a few were quite recent, some from last week, some from two days ago. The newer ones are mostly on my arms.

I know it's not healthy, I know I should stop.. but I can't. It's like smoking, in a way. You know it's bad for you, you know you should stop, but you can't, it's an addiction like any other, you just need the right people, and the right mindset to help yourself. But, right now.. I don't have anyone who can help me.

I can't tell Kami, I don't want to burden with my issues..

I got out of the rest of my clothes, stepping into the shower and closing the curtains so water doesn't spray out. I stood under the shower head, letting the hot water run down my back.

The water didn't miss a spot on my body, it dipped into the crevices of the scars, it was soothing, but it was also a reminder of their existence.

I was thinking about Kaminari, he's so friendly, and effortlessly funny, how does he do it? Is it charm? And how does he manage to not care about what people think about him?  He and I are so different,  yet somehow so similar at the same time.

I had a quick shower this time.  I got out,  putting on the new clothes before fixing my hair.  I brushed my teeth and left the bathroom. 

I went into the kitchen,  deciding to simply eat some cereal instead of some fancy breakfast.

I ate a spoonful of cereal before looking over at the clock on the microwave, 6:27, ugh why does time have to go by so slowly..

I stretched my arms out before shoving another spoonful of cereal into my mouth.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, going into the notes app. I used to use this as my diary, pretty dumb right? Hah..

I left the diary notes and went to the story ideas, most of them were unfinished, since I forgot about them. I don't even know why I have story ideas, it's not like I'm a writer or anything.

I exited the app, I don't need to read them right now. I went to the Bakusquad group chat, simply to get rid of the notifications.

I checked the time again 6:34. Ugh, time goes by so slowlywhy!

I laid my arms onto the table,  resting my head on top of them as I waited for time to pass and I slowly drifted of to sleep.

I woke up once more to the sound of my phone's alarm going of,  I checked the time again, 7:15.  To be honest I was kinda upset that I had fallen asleep,  but hey,  least I got an extra half hour of sleep.

I stood up and stretched out my arms.  I grabbed my wallet,  my keys,  and a pair of headphones before walking out the door.

I arrived at the coffee shop and ordered my usual coffee,  it was simple though,  just a regular coffee with two cream, two sugars with foam on top and caramel drizzle. 

I got my coffee and continued on my way to work,  putting my earphones back in and played the song "Classic" by MKTO,  Yeah you can make fun of me for it,  but it's a good song okay!!

Once I got to work I took out my headphones,  Kaminari wasn't at work yet,  since he started slightly later than I did. 

I said hi to Jirou,  Tokayami,  and Shouji before going up to the counter and waiting for customers to arrive. 

Of course there weren't going to be any customers for a good while since we practically just opened,  but hey,  it's better to be prepared than to be caught off guard.

~°+☆[back to current reality]☆+°~

I was so confused,  it was just a regular work day...  so how did I get into this situation?  C'mon Shinsou,  think,  think!

A/N: 1014 words!  Sorry for not uploading last week,  I lost motivation and I was doing back to school shopping,  I can't believe I'm going back to school already.. summer felt so short ;^;  anyway,  hope you enjoyed this chapter!  I did something a little different.  Love you guys! <3!!