Chapter 3

Martina McBride - Girls Like Me

•••

Orianna's POV

"Orianna." I looked back to see Nurse Madison.

"Yes, Madison."

"I came to get the file, are you done with prepping?" She asks.

"Yes. I just need her blood pressure." I say as I check Mrs. Chamber's blood pressure.

I'm taking note of all her vitals before she can go in for surgery. Her appendix burst so she'll be getting surgery for that.

"All done." I say as I note down her blood pressure which is at one hundred and twenty. Slightly high, slightly low. Her blood pressure is in-between.

"Great. I'll take it from here." Madison says and exits the room along with Mrs. Chamber.

I pack away everything that I'd used and make my way back to my station.

"Orianna?" I look up when I hear my name being called.

"Yes. Oh hey, Kilani." I greet her once I see her.

"Hey Anna, I was wondering if you're up for a movie night once our shift is over. It's been kinda boring at my place and I'm craving some company and someone to rant about all my problems to." She says.

I giggle at her attempt to make a desperate face and pull a puppy dog face at the same time.

"And you can bring the two munchkins along with you. Let's just have a sleepover." She spewed out as soon as I opened my mouth.

"Okay, okay, fine. I also need some human interaction with people that aren't my two younger siblings." I say.

"Great! I'll give you a ride home and we can go on from there." She says, skipping away with her stethoscope in her hands.

I shake my head at her childishness.

°°°

"Break up with your girlfriend!..." Kilani sings as she drives us to my place.

"Because I'm bored!! You can hit it in the morning.."

I shake my head at how horrible she sounds and continue scrolling through my Instagram.

"I know it ain't right, and we are here!" She sings as we pull up at my place.

"Thanks, Lani." I grab my bag and get out of the car.

"Let's move it, move it." She sings while trying to use Michael Jackson's beat and voice.

"Doesn't that song go like beat it or something?" I ask as we head to my apartment which is on the first floor.

"I think, I don't know. But I do know a song from that Madagascar cartoon that goes move it, move it." She shrugs behind me.

I giggle and shake my head. I open the house door and I'm immediately jumped on when I enter, by Zoe.

"Yana!"

"Hey, baby. How are you?" I pick her up.

She wraps her arms around my neck, mumbling a soft, "I'm fine."