Chapter 8

Dadju - Bobo au coeur
•••

Orianna's POV

I rush out of the bedroom when I don't see Zoe on her bed.

I pause when I see Quillon asleep on the sofa with Zoe on his chest. Never have I been so shaken before.

Imagine getting up at 4 AM and not seeing your sister on her bed. I sigh and am conflicted about leaving them like that or going to shower and then waking Quillon up.

I decide on the latter and go to deal with my daily hygiene first. I return once in my teal scrubs and quietly take Zoe from his arms, causing him to shift and open his eyes and Zoe to cling to me and continue with her soft snores.

I give him a sorry look and take Zoe to the room. I place her bed, having her go back to sleep.

"Sorry for waking you." I apologize once I'm back in the living room.

"It's okay, I actually didn't realize that we'd fallen asleep." He says as he gets up to stretch, having his muscles flex at the action.

I look away, not wanting to gawk too much at someone else's fiance.

"I'm sorry you had to sleep on the couch, you could've just put Zoe to bed and then left."

"I don't mind, Anna." He argues back.

"Okay. Do you want breakfast? Even though it's like 5 AM." I offer.

"That would be lovely. Let's have breakfast then I'll drop you off at work before going to change then heading to the office." He sits back on the couch and looks up at me.

I nod in return and head to the kitchen. I toast some bread slices and make coffee for us along with some scrambled eggs.

"Here you go." I say, having him look away from his phone to the plate of food and mug that I've set in front of him.

"Thank you." He says before putting down his phone.

I go to get my own before placing it on the table.

Quillon gets up and heads to the bathroom.

I start with my breakfast but stop when the bathroom door is opened by Quillon.

"Where are the towels, Anna?" He asks.

Just as I open my mouth to speak, I'm interrupted by a loud ringtone that startles me.

"Your phone's ringing." I whisper yell to him as I get to the bathroom.

"Please answer it." He says and uses his wet hand to sweep back his black hair.

I answer the phone and hand it to him when I hear a loud feminine voice furiously talking on the other end, before opening a cupboard to get him a towel.

"Here." I say, giving him the towel.

He nods in thanks as the voice continues with the talking.

I decide to give him some privacy and exit the bathroom, heading back to my big mug of coffee, which I so desperately need right now.

He comes back to the room and seems to still be listening person ranting. He mutters a few words before hanging up.

"Everything alright?" I ask when he sits.

"Yeah. Just Marie complaining about me not showing up last night." He shrugs.

"You guys had a date?" I ask in shock when I see how chilled he is.