Chapter 17

Orianna's POV

I have agreed to start with chemo. I rather try to prevent my death than not at all. Quillon also made me see the importance of trying and not being a loser.

At least now if I die then my little siblings can say that their Yana died trying.

I'll be having my first chemo session today and it's been three days since we spoke to Doctor Lewis.

Kilani brought the kids over today because it's better if I see them before my chemo session and not afterwards because I'll be requiring a lot of rest.

Lani left them with me while she goes to do her final check ups before she goes home.

I'll forever be grateful to Quillon for taking the risk and spending money on my treatment. Only God knows if I'll make it out of this hospital alive.

"You no come with us, Yana?" Zoe looks up at me from my lap.

"No baby. Yana is gonna stay in the hospital, but you can come visit Yana again, okay?" I hug her tiny body.

"Why are you here for so long anyways?" Brandon asks from his seat on the chair.

"I need surgery. My insides are not healthy, that's why we can't go home." I tell him as Zoe buries her face in my neck and hugs me tighter.

"Did you guys go get clothes from home with Lani?" I ask.

"Wes, an' Ani gimme Skitty." Zoe chirps up.

"Really?" I smile at her.

"Wes, I sweep wit Bwandon. I no wan sweep by maself." She plays with her fingers.

"But you should learn to, okay baby? You a big girl now, big girls sleep in their own beds, by themselves. Your birthday is very close, and how old will you be?" I raise my brows at her.

"Four." She holds out four fingers for me and pouts.

"Tonight when you ready for bed, you should tell Lani to let you sleep alone, okay? Brandon will leave his room door open and you can do the same." I tell her, making her pout and nod.

"Hey guys." Lani walks in with a huge smile on her face.

"You finish with your rounds?" I ask her.

"Yep, you babies ready to go home?" She asks as she approaches my bed to get Zoe.

"When will Yana come wit us?" Zoe asks.

"Very soon sweetie. The more you don't do any mischief and you pray for Yana, then the sooner I come home. Okay baby?" I kiss her cheek before motioning for Brandon to come over.

He comes over and I lean forward to give him a kiss on his forehead.

"No fighting with Zoe or teasing, or anything." I lightly scold him. "I don't want you guys to give Lani a hard time."

"Oh, it's fine. I have them at Quillon's when I need to get important work done though, so they're always busy with something and entertaining Meredith who entertains them." She shrugs.

"Okay, say bye bye to Ana now, we have to get going so she can sleep." Lani finally says as Brandon gets his and Zoe's small backpack.

"Bye my babies. I love you guys." I smile and blow them a kiss.

"Bye bye Ana." Brandon waves.

"Bye Yana. See you tomowo." Zoe waves from Lani's shoulder.

I nod and smile at her as tears prick my eyes.