Chapter 21

Orianna's POV

I excitedly sit on my bed and look over at Quillon who's in a meeting.

Today I'll be having surgery. My doctor said that I've had enough chemo and that it has killed a lot of my cancer cells and he suggested that a bone marrow transplant would be a good idea.

After many many tests, my donor was found and it's Brandon. Usually kids aren't allowed to be donors because they could be underweight and also because it's kinda illegal to have a child donate all because donating is a legal procedure and parents or guardians aren't allowed to consent for the child.

But we asked Brandon if he wants to healthy blood to me so I can leave the hospital and he said agreed. Our only prayer right now is that everything goes well and that God sees us through.

I will not even think about the negatives all I'll think about are the positives.

I'm taken out of my thoughts when the doctor walks in and he has an unreadable look on his face, which automatically dampens my mood.

He looks at Quillon then me but doesn't stop walking towards my bed with a file that I'm guessing is mines.

Quillon seems to wrap up the meeting then comes to join me on the bed. He holds me in his arms almost as if he can feel my dread.

"Hey doc." Quillon greets him and he nods in response.

"Orianna, Quillon. Before we start the surgery I thought it would be a good idea to come and inform you guys of the side effects that it might have." He starts and I let out an inaudible whimper and try shrinking into Quillon.

"Okay. Is everything okay?"

"We're about to find out. Judging from how devastated you guys were after the miscarriage I believe that y'all plan on having more babies in the future, right?" He asks.

"Yes, Ana and I do plan on having kids in future." I can feel Quillon's smile as he speaks.

I refuse to open my mouth and say a word because I'm too tired of how things have been going. I've been living in this hospital for months and I crave a good bed and normal lighting, and not having tubes connected to my body.

"I just got off a call with a friend of mine, he's also a doctor and he brought to my attention that stem cell transplants do make women infertile, if not it decreases their chances of giving birth." I swear my heart left my body at that moment and tears were leaving my eyes before I could even stop it or do anything about it.

"I'm sorry that I had to say it like that but there was no easier way to say it. I also apologise for not letting you know about this earlier but you are the first cancer patient of mine that's a teenager and I didn't really have to worry about fertility with my other patients because they already had kids."

"I don't want you guys to completely lose hope because I'm sure that there will be a solution. My frnd Dr Jacobs has gone to do research and I'll also be going to do some research right now and I'll let you guys know if we get any other results. But all I can say for now is that you shouldn't lose hope. Everything will get better soon. I'll see you guys in a bit." He says after a pause and leaves the room, letting us soak in what he just said.

A sob breaks out from my lips as soon as I hear door close.

"I'm sorry Quillon. I really am- I.." He hugs me before I'm able to finish my sentence.

"I told you to go for someone else. No need in you still staying here for me, I'm so ugly and so sick and now to add the cherry on the cake I can't even give you children. You shou-"