Chapter 5

Charlie Puth ft Meghan Trainor - Marvin Gaye

•••

Orianna's POV

I place the fish bowl on the coffee table and plop myself on the couch.

I let out a loud breath after the long day I've had.

We left the fair because of us needing to get a fish bowl for Zoe's fish, who I'm just now realizing doesn't have a name.

I'll be sure to ask her about it later on.

"Zoe." She looks up from the fish at the sound of her name. "Come here, you need a bath after all that ice cream." I say, holding my hands out for her.

"You hungry, Brandon?" He nods from his place on the couch.

"You gonna cook tonight or are we ordering?"

"I'm cooking. Lemme just finish bathing Zoe and I'll start on dinner." He nods again, letting out a yawn and I pick Zoe up for her bath.

I change Zoe into her PJs after her bath and place her on the couch with Brandon.

I make my way to the kitchen and pour some rice into a pot with water and place it on the stove, leaving it to boil while I take a quick shower.

I rush out of the bathroom in my gown to check on the rice, passing Brandon and Zoe in the living room as they watch something on tv.

A knock sounds on the door when I'm about to start with the stir fry and I hear a loud squeal come from Zoe. I see the toddler rush to the door which is close to the kitchen.

"Come open, Yana. Open, open, open!" She squeals while clapping her hands.

"Okay, first of all, move away from the door.." I say and pull her tiny self away. "...second of all, who is it at this time?" Although it's only 6 pm, this is considered late because we don't get visitors.

I make sure that I look decent enough in my short robe before opening the door.

I'm shocked to see Quillon and Elijah standing on the other side of the door. Quillon's eyes roam my robe-clad body before coming up to my face and going back only body, then zeroing in on my hips.

Before I can ask him what he's doing here, Zoe jumps him for the second time today.

"You came, Eon, you came!" She squeals as he lifts her up.

"I promised that I'd come sweet cheeks, and see who I brought." He chuckles with her in his arms. He steps in and Elijah immediately comes into view, causing another screech to come from Zoe.

"I didn't know that you guys were coming to visit." I say.

"Zoe invited us. She made me a pinkie promise that we'd come and I just couldn't break the promise." He sweetly says with a small smile on his face.

His whole face changes when he smiles and that has me wondering why he doesn't do it often.

"Anna! Why is Zoe screami- oh, hi." Brandon says, with a small wave to the men.

"Come in." I say, making way for the both of them to enter before closing the door.

"Who's this young man?" Elijah asks when his eyes fall on Brandon.

"Bwandon." Zoe quickly answers.

"Hi Bwandon, I'm Elijah." Elijah introduces himself.

"Brandon." Brandon softly says and shakes Elijah's hand.

Brandon has never been good with people, or words to be honest.

"I'll be back." I quickly say and leave them to get changed.

I stare at the shorts and a tank top that I'd laid out for myself and decide whether or not to wear it since two very grown men will be in the house tonight and it won't just be my siblings and me.

I put on the clothes because I don't wanna go through the trauma of having to change after they've left just to make them comfortable.

And anyways, I'm sure they're both very committed to their partners if Elijah also has one, but I'm sure Quillon is committed.

I throw on the shorts and vest, then make my way to the kitchen to continue with the chicken and rice stir fry that I was planning on making for dinner.

I walk past everyone in the living room watching TV and talking, I go to the kitchen to continue with the food.

"What are you doing?"

I let out a short yelp and dropped the spoon I was using when I was interrupted by the deep voice.

I look up and see Elijah.

"Nothing, I'm just making dinner. Are you guys gonna stay for dinner?" I say and pick the spoon up before placing it in the sink.

"I don't know- wait, Quillon!" He says and leaves the kitchen.

He walks in with Quillon after a few minutes.

"Elijah said you were asking about something?" Quillon asks.

My eyes meet his and quickly look back at the food in front of me.

"I was just wondering if you guys were gonna be staying for dinner."

"We will be-"

"What are you making?" Elijah interrupts Quillon.

"I'm making chicken and rice stir fry." I quickly say.

"Do you need help?" Elijah butts in.

"No, no, you guys should sit, I'm almost done anyways. I'll be serving up very soon." I say.

"Eon, why you no watch with me?" Zoe marches in.

"Come here, pumpkin. Let's go watch together." Elijah picks her up, blowing raspberries on her cheeks. She shrieks and laughs loudly, causing a smile to appear on my face.

"Do you cook every day?" Quillon asks from his spot at the doorframe.

"Not really. I mean, sometimes we order but yeah, I do all the cooking because they're too young to know how to cook."

"How old is Brandon?"

"He's ten."

"I started helping my mom out in the kitchen at age 8." He said.

"Wow. That's very impressive. I don't always have time to cook and have him help out, because of work. So most of the time I cook the night before for them, and he's usually always busy with school work."

"I understand." He says and is quiet.

I try to believe that he's gone back to watch TV but the feel of his intense gaze on my back has me believing otherwise.

"Why-"

"What happened to your parents?"

My question dies on my lips when his question leaves his lips.

I blink away the tears that threaten to fall at his question.

"Will you help me dish?" I ask, purposely ignoring his question.

I look back at him and see him scanning me before nodding.

"You look very beautiful." He compliments causing my heart to race and my cheeks to warm.

I nod back at him not knowing how to verbally reply to his compliment.

He helped me carry the food to the lounge and ended up helping me serve them as well.

***

I know it's short but I wanna do some school work and I'm tired.
I went to the hospital in the morning to get my ears syringed coz I had an infection.
And the past two days I've been going to the optometrist.
Yo girl gon have her glasses in 3 weeks.

I promised a chap and there it is. ❤️❤️

#BlackLivesMatter 🖤