Chapter 6

Justin Timberlake - Mirrors

•••

Orianna's POV

"No more yogurts for Zoe tonight, or anything from the fridge for that matter." I sternly say to Brandon.

"Yes." He nods.

"No!" Zoe whines and sends a glare to Brandon.

"Do you want corner time, Zoe?" I ask.

"No." She quickly shakes her head with wide eyes.

"Then be quiet and listen." She nods before looking down at her tiny hands.

"Can I have anything from the fridge?" Brandon asks.

"No. If you have it then she will so nothing from the fridge for the both of y'all. I've cooked for y'all and you guys have to do is dish up and eat. Brandon, you can do the dishes, but that's only if I won't find a flood when I get back."

"Have I made myself clear?" I ask after a short pause.

"Yes." Brandon says while Zoe nods.

"Good. You guys should call me if y'all need anything. I love you guys and don't open the door to anyone." I say while blowing them a kiss.

"Yes. Bye Anna."

"Bye Yana." Zoe softly says.

I throw another smile before leaving the house. I quickly make my way to the stairs and I almost bump into someone coming up.

"Sorry." I quickly mutter without looking up at the person.

"Orianna?" I stop and look up when I hear Quillon's voice.

"Oh, hi. What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I was coming to see you. Are you on your way to work?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"I'll give you a lift." He says.

"No, no, it's fine. You don't have to." I quickly say, trying to get out of being alone with him.

He and I haven't spoken since Saturday because of his question about my parents.

"I insist, and it's not like I'm occupied or anything right now. I really don't mind." He insists.

"Okay." I nod my head in defeat.

His hand motions out in a ladies first way and I continue down the few flights of stairs that take you to the first floor.

He walks me to a black BMW and opens the passenger door for me, I get in after thanking him.

He gets in then starts the car.

"Are you late for work?" He asks.

"No. I'm actually about an hour early, I like to get there early so that I can catch up with everything that was happening." I tell him while putting on my seatbelt.

"Oh, okay. Are Brandon and Zoe left with a babysitter?" He asks.

"No. I leave them by themselves because I firstly don't have money for a babysitter and secondly, I don't really trust people with my siblings. But I make sure that they're safe before leaving and I've told them about not opening the door for anyone and they have a phone just in case of an emergency." I ramble.

"Well, I guess that they're very good kids to be used to staying home alone and not having burnt down the place yet." He chuckles and I smile. "You're very possessive of them, aren't you?" He glances at me before looking back at the road.