003.

003. certified dumbasses and hunters, oh gods

PERCY JACKSON, as decreed by barbie allen, was a certified dumbass. instead of apologizing to lady artemis, he said something that would practically get him into harvard (she's lying, it was super dumb).

"um...okay."

there was no hope for this boy.

however she didn't exactly have time to think about that. her best friend, annabeth chase, was gone. but barbie knew one thing, they were going to get her back. but first, they had the hunters to deal wi-

"ok, hold up, time out," spoke bianca, making a 't' shape with her hands, looking at them all weirdly, like what had just happened was the craziest thing she'd ever seen (and maybe it was... they probably still thought they were normal).

"w-who the hell are you people?"

artemis' expression softened as she asked, "it might be a better question my dear, to ask who are you? where are your parents?"

"our parents are dead," said bianca, a small frown on her face, "we're orphans. there's a bank trust fund that pays for our school, but..."

they all looked at bianca. she wasn't getting what they were dropping. which was kind of expected. barbie imagined being in her shoes, being told what she knew about her life, about herself, about her family, was wrong. it stung, it sucked, and it sounded like a big lie.

"what? i'm telling the truth."

"you're a half-blood," explained barbie, trying to sound calm in front of bianca, "one of your parents is a mortal-"

"-and one of they parents is an olympian," said zoë, cutting of barbie with a glare which made barbie frown. seriously, did this girl not understand she had nothing against the hunters? was her being the daughter of aphrodite that off-putting to them? it wasn't as if she was about to just casually knock out her cupid's bow and shoot them all with some stupid love arrow.

which definitely wouldn't happen.

mainly because she didn't have a cupid's bow on hand, and also because why wouldn't she respect a group full of powerful females who kick ass in their spare time and are immortal? to quote gretchen wieners 'that's, like, the rules of feminism'.

bianca looked between the two of them before saying slowly, "what? like... like an olympian athlete?"

"no," said zoë, "one of the gods."

"cool!" said nico with a large grin, as if this was the most exciting thing he'd heard all week. it was cute, in a puppy dog kind of way.

"no! not cool!" said bianca as her voice became higher due to panic.

but nico was still grinning, bouncing around, spouting random things like, "does zeus really have lightning bolts that do six hundred damage? does he get extra movement points for-"

"-nico! shut up!" bianca put her hands to her face and let out a huff, "this is not your stupid mythomagic game ok? there are no gods!"

barbie couldn't help but feel sorry for the di angelo's, they probably thought they were normal until a bunch of demigods and hunters showed up and when she looked to percy's expression, she saw that he was thinking the same thing too.

"bianca, i know it's hard to believe but gods are still around," said thalia gently to the confused and scared girl.

"trust us, bianca," said barbie as she looked at bianca, "they're immortal, and whenever they have kids with regular humans, kids like us, well... our lives are dangerous."