006.

「006. cherry grows glow in the dark flowers. wow 」

CHERRY ADAMS didn't want to be mad at barbie. they had a weird friendship. but when she'd barely just met barbie and become friends, she had to go on a quest. to see somebody who actually took time to see more then just her sunshine-like personality... and then to that person go on a quest that predicted two deaths. was just... it was scary.

cherry forgot how many times she'd seen katie, her older half-sister, hugging her as she broke down. when barbie left, she was pretty worried and upset. so seeing barbie come back to her, saying she had to go on another quest... it didn't... it made cherry seriously upset.

and cherry doesn't often show how upset she was, she often smiled and hid her pain. and whilst everybody around her was always so confused as to why barbie was so motherly towards cherry, they didn't know the reasons. barbie was always there for her.

she was the one who was there for and the both of them were so dependant  but... they needed each other. cherry was able to calm down barbie's temper tantrum (and only a select few could ever do that). and barbie could cheer her up, and again, only a select few could even try do that because cherry wouldn't even let half of the people she knew see her so... so sad and broken. she tried to be happy for those who couldn't. it was a weird motto of hers.

barbie hated seeing cherry cry. but here they were, the two of them in the middle of the strawberry fields, and cherry was crying into barbie's hug, shaking quietly.

after a few moments, she began to calm down and wiped away a few tears, "i- are you... you... i don't want you to go."

"i know, cherry," she mumbled, hugging her again, "but i'll be back soon, i promise."

"you better," mumbled cherry after a while.

and then they continued to hug each other, the invitation to the quest from annabeth still raw in barbie's mind. she was going to miss cherry and silena the most. (but cherry was winning by like.... a few points although valentino was definitely up there).

"barbie," cherry mumbled softly from her shoulders, "i'm scared."

"i am too," she mumbled as some of her red hair dropped over cherry's frizzy curls.

"is this... is this a war?" cherry asked, her voice muffled from barbie's shoulders.

"i-"

she didn't know how to finish her sentence. was this a war?

yes.

it seemed like it was, i mean with luke and everything happening with the titans it seemed like a war was inevitable. and the fear cherry was feeling was very understandable.

"i...i'm scared," mumbled cherry.

"i understand, soda pop," she spoke sadly, "all of us are scared, even percy is. he won't admit it, but we don't know how this will end. the prophecy that revolves around him... only annabeth knows some of the lines. it's.... it's scary, but we are demigods, we were trained for this."

"but," spoke cherry, looking up to the girl, "i don't want you to die...i... i don't want to die."

"you won't die," spoke barbie, "i will do everything in my power to make sure you don't. you're my soda pop and i won't let you die."