019.

019. goat puberty should be on the curriculum dammit

ANNABETH CHASE would like to announce that she stopped being mad at barbie the minute she saw val and her working together. seeing the siblings work together and just be so harmonised sort of dissolved her bad thoughts about barbie. she knew in her heart (no matter how many people would tell her otherwise) that luke castellan was a good person and hadn't fully surrendered himself over to kronos. she knew it deep down. no matter how many people told her otherwise. but all those thoughts, those assumptions in her mind dissolved as she saw her best friend get encased in a pink bubble.

had they not just come off barely winning in a battle, it probably would've been hilarious (minus the fact she swore she saw red on her jeans from the distance she was at). i mean, a pink bubble?

but the situation wasn't funny. quite the opposite. annabeth's thoughts were all competing to see which one would be the loudest. with the adrenaline still pumping through her veins it made her sort of numb the eventual pain that would come. her body felt sort of light and airy, her head feeling like somebody was pushing helium into it. seeing if she'd eventually fly away.

"that's barbie," annabeth pointed out, her voice breathy from running to val, pointing over to the pink bubble that was quite a long way from the both of them, "we need to get to her. she's hurt. i-"

"say no more, beth," val spoke, his light and optimistic tone serious as the subject shifted to barbie being potentially hurt. honestly, it was kind of attractive. he'd taken off his helmet and was drenched in sweat (which was less attractive) and seemed to be very panicked but serious.

hypothetically, being with val on a romantic level would be horrible. head and heart? two opposite things. opposites. but if you looked at it from a logical standpoint and added in physics about oppos-

barbie's hurt stupid! yelled a thought over all the others.

"shit, let's- wait how do we even get her out of it?" cursed val as the two of them ran over to it, "do we just wheel her back to a safe place?"

"i-it works, i guess?" annabeth spoke, genuinely confused (and for the first time in a while) as she added, "i honestly have no clue."

they ended up rolling her all the way back, which was kind of difficult when annabeth was clutching the laptop daedalus had given her. her thoughts seemed to take this as a direct path to 'bad thoughts' town. worries swarmed her mind, what if barbie died? what if they couldn't get her out of the bubble? what if she was beyond saving? what if she was in a coma? what if-

"hey," val said, as they reached a safer place, "calm down. it'll be ok."

usually, annabeth was the one reassuring people. but val had been calming her down a lot lately. she usually didn't like people telling her to 'calm down' as well because it never helped. but when val said it, annabeth almost felt like she wanted to, like val meant it when he said it would be ok. strange.

"so how do we get her out?" asked val after a long silence, "any ideas brainiac?"

"i'm not a brainiac," she mumbled bashfully (which again, was weird. she wasn't one to go and parade about her intelligence, but she never said no to a compliment about her intelligence), "shut your face, lover boy."

"lover boy? i remember you calling me that before," teased val.

"shut up. it's because-well-gah! you know the reason!" she spoke, her eyes scanning the scene before they locked onto a familiar black-haired boy and she suddenly yelled, "percy jackson!"