001.

001. percy jackson is one smooth fucker

VALENTINES DAY, the day of love. the day of... more love. just generally, love (and chocolates). you know what else it was? barbie's birthday. granted, it might have been cool to others that she was born on a holiday. but honestly, it really wasn't. not always. sometimes, people would be too enticed with valentines day that they would forget her birthday, or that they'd be too busy for her birthday. this year, silena had gotten a boyfriend, (beck, that's what barbie called him. but he was chill, so really she didn't mind him), and had practically forgotten until val had yelled, "happy birthday!"

barbie had woken up that day with a start, her eyes wide as val practically jumped on her bed, making her squawk. she yelled out a loud curse before she managed to topple out of the bed, groaning and cursing at val in ancient greek. he had laughed brightly before she'd yelled a bit more at him. after a few moments of being on the floor, she'd decided enough was enough and finally got up, only to see nessa staring down at her with a toothy grin, her blonde hair a looking perfect in their pigtails as she pushed a piece of paper to barbie's chest. barbie let out a small wheeze as she twisted herself until she was in a sitting position as she grabbed the paper.

"woah," she spoke, surprised how somebody as young as nessa could actually draw. of course, barbie was ok at it (i mean, if you wanted to draw a historical dress you kind of did need to know how to draw) but at the age of nessa? barbie probably could barely draw a stickman.

"nessa that's so good!" complimented barbie, sitting up a bit more to hug the girl, kissing the top of her head, "i love it, sis!"

"really?"

"yeah really!" laughed barbie, scrambling up to throwing nessa up and catching her before swinging her around, the rest of the cabin being awoken by nessa's loud giggles.

after a few moments, of disgruntled aphrodite kids being woken up, they finally realised what day it was, and the whole cabin began to sing happy birthday (even drew). after three returning verses of happy birthday, each line of 'happy birthday dear-' being replaced by varying nicknames from 'barbara' to 'barbie' and even 'barb'.

"alright alright!" yelled barbie, a grin on her face, "that's enough!"

but they didn't stop, and the rendition of happy birthday didn't stop until barbie had picked up enough nerve to actually charmspeak all of them to shut up.

celebrations lasted most of the day, a few songs are sung in her honour (and a terrible fucking rendition of 'happy birthday' sung pathetically out of tune by the stoll brothers) along with a few presents. she was happy of course, but the air loomed with fear, fear of the eventual war. but most people trie to forget it, either focus on the fact it was barbie's birthday or it was valentines day to try take their mind off it. barbie couldn't blame them really, the thought of war... just made her shiver. she knew demigods should be used to it, but it was so... scary. and gods forbid cherry be in a foot of her thinking about it. although cherry was strong, she got scared when war was mentioned, too afraid of the fact somebody close to her might die. and honestly, barbie didn't want cherry to be within the same proximity of negative thoughts. and she'd try to prevent that as best as she could until she... well, couldn't.

by the time it was the evening, she'd checked around to make sure she could sneak into a specific cabin, the poseidon cabin. with a small sigh of relief, she brought out the pile of drachma's she'd bought with her and set herself down in front of the fountain. she always liked the poseidon cabin, it was quiet and calm. and it smelt of salt. which would have been disgusting had it not reminded her strongly of percy. she grinned slightly before she paid her respects to the cabin, hoping poseidon would let her once again to actually use the fountain.