003.

003. arguments are for all  

THE DAY after the joyful chat about the prophecy, barbie was the first awake. it was barely a reasonable time to be awake. yet instead of waking up all her siblings like she usually would, with an animated smile as she would often shout, 'if the apollo kids can wake up now then so can we!', she let them sleep. she sat up in her bed, stretching before finally standing up. silena was still curled in her bed, the same way she had been last night, and it made barbie's heart ache when she heard a little whimper come from her. try as barbie might, helping silena was cabin councillor duties was difficult. and honestly, barbie was kind of glad she wasn't cabin councillor. she walked to the bathroom, grabbing her clothes on the way before she entered. once she'd stepped out, she inspected herself in a mirror. a camp shirt, and some old jeans with rips in them paired with sneakers (and of course, her trusted heartbreaker in it's sunglasses form on the very top of her head).

after a few moments longer, she finally began to wake people up. she walked over quietly to nessa and shook her awake, whispering kindly,"wake up nessa."

"mmm i don't wanna-"

"you're gonna have to," barbie spoke in a singsong voice, "percy and annabeth are coming round for cabin inspections."

"cabin inspections?" groaned val, who seemed to have just woken up, "really? right now-"

"not now, dumba- i mean, silly," barbie spoke, a small smile on her face, "later."

"of course you'd know when your boyfriend is going to meet us here," val teased back.

"you're one to talk val, been blushing and fantasize about kissing annabeth lately?"

"shut up."

with a few more minutes of arguing (playfully, of course) between val and barbie, they finally made their way to breakfast, with a weary and emotional silena leading them, with barbie right at the back making sure that nobody was to be left behind. nessa lurked with her, holding her hand as cherry ran up to them, greeting them a good morning.

"how was the rec room with silena yesterday?" asked cherry, "katie came back real worried."

"it was-oh, hey nessa i think val wants to talk to you," barbie quickly lied, not wanting nessa to hear what she was about to say.

"really? ok!"

the young blonde girl skipped off and barbie smiled at cherry, who still wore a smile, no matter howgrave things seemed to be come. cherry sighed, leaning her head onto barbie's shoulder as she hugged her, "i don't want this whole war thing to happen."

"neither do i," mumbled barbie, a frown on her face, "but... if we can stop kronos.. i think it'll benefit us all. i don't know- might just... leave camp for a month after that."

"to do what?" wondered cherry, staring up at barbie with a curious gaze, her natural hair looking gorgeous,moving ever so slightly as cherry tilted her head.

"i don't kn0w- might go on holiday. you can come too, of course. heard the grand canyon is lit-"

"sorry," laughed cherry as they approached tables set out for breakfast, "but 'the grand canyon is lit' ?"

"shut up, soda pop!" whined barbie, a small pout forming on her face as she said, "it sounded better in my head!"

barbie made her way to her usual spot and slid down next to val, who looked like he was staring somewhere. of course, barbie automatically guessed it was to annabeth's direction,and when she turned- she found out she was correct. as there he was, staring directly at annabeth with his-