010.

010. nico should have used a ouijia board

BARBIE REFUSED to look percy and annabeth in the eye for a few hours out of pure embarrassment for breaking down and having a panic attack in front of them. she didn't look there way, and only focused on the measly granola bar she was forced to call breakfast.

life in the labyrinth, as expected, was tough. there was no sunlight, so she probably looked like a ghost now. there was nice food, no starbucks (although she wished there was) and there was definetly no sephora she could quickly go into and get some moisturiser because her skin was dry as fuck and her lips were definetly chapped.

it was around this point where barbie started to miss her family, an dher spirits dampened. she wondered what nessa, the youngest aphrodite camper, was doing right now. was she getting another bullseye in archery? was she sharpening more crayons? and then her mind lingered to val. how was he doing? was he doing a good job looking after their siblings? and silena, how was she doing? and cherry, was she growing plants? still talking to random daisies and striking conversations with them? she missed them. she missed them all so, so mu-

"you seem upset," noted a voice from next to her and she jumped slightly, moving her fist to punch the figure, only to hear a groan, "yeesh, no need to punch me-ow."

"stop that!" she hissed, looking up to percy for the first ime (in a literal sense because now he was taller than her. it seemed her body refused to grow anymore), "i could have hurt you!"

"i think me and my soon-to-be black-eye think you've hurt us already," elaborated percy with a sarcastic tone before his voice changed and he asked, "you seem upset, what's up? is it to do with last night wh-"

"no, not that," she blurted out quietly, the two of them trailing behind the other quest mates, "it's just... i miss camp. i... hell, i miss everything about it. i miss.. my siblngs, i even miss drew and her diva antics. i- i understand why we have to go on this quest, but... i can't help but feel like...after this, i might lose something. i-i.. i guess this quest shot me in even more of a persepective of the fact... things might happen. a... a war is inevitable. and i hate to use a cliche line, but if we win, what are the costs?"

"i..." began percy, forwning slightly, "i... id don't know. nobody does. but...we'll stick through it. together."

i like the sound of that, she thought to herself, together.

"together," she repeated.

"this isn't right," annabeth spoke as they walked down endless tunnels and paths, "it's still meant to be stone."

"the labyrinth has a mind of it's own," said barbie, reminding annabeth of something they'd both discussed before.

"i know... but still," mumbled annabeth.

percy turned around to barbie, shooting a look that asked if she was ok. honestly, the boy was amazing. he still bothered to ask how she was after what happened after her dream and the talk they had a few hours ago. which is exactly why she admired hi-

admire? rang jerald's voice in her mind, i'd say it's more than that-

-go back to playing chess, jerald.

grover shivered from beside barbie and said, "it smells like the underworld here."

"oh that's great," spoke barbie in a sarcastic voice, "can't wait to visit good ol' lord hades and ask about how he's doing. hey hades, sup bro? how are the kids? how's lif-?"