007.

007. barbie gets to talk prophecy

BARBIE ALLEN didn't have to be a genius (although, not to toot her own horn, but sometimes she was a genius) to know the reason everybody was staring at her was that the oracle said 'porcelain doll' and not because of the luscious outfit she'd meticulously picked out (which was kind of sad, she did love a good compliment... but like, not in a vain and superficial way).

but, as much as she wanted to follow the councillors who'd be seen heading to the meeting to discuss the prophecy, she knew she couldn't. she may have helped out silena a lot, but she still wasn't a cabin leader. and no matter how many times she'd tried, she'd never been able to get into one of the council meetings. no matter how much she begged, or even tried to persuade them. she even tried charmspeak once, but she regretted it immediately because she then got kitchen duty for a month.

she was subtly walking away, kind of sad she wasn't able to go when her older sister, silena called and said, "oh no you don't! you're coming with me! get your ass back here!"

"but 'lena, i can't go," said barbie, "and when was the last time you even let me come to one of these? never."

"because i don't think you should go," decided silena, "but now i do. this prophecy, it obviously includes you. so... yeah, you're coming with me."

barbie's frown broke into a smile, "wait, really? you're not joking?"

"nope," said silena, "but if this quest really does revolve around you... please be careful barb."

"i will," grinned barbie, suddenly feeling very excited, "let's go see what the prophecy means!"

the council was held around a ping pong table in the rec room. mr d had supplied them all with snacks, but barbie was full of nervous excitement and decided it was best not to eat in case something unfortunate happened. most of the head councillors were there (except for the ares cabin because all of their limbs had accidentally been broken by the hunters).

barbie sat nervously next to silena who was telling her to stop worrying because she was going to be fine and barbie smiled. silena was one of the coolest half-sisters she had, she always knew what to say and was practically barbie's big sister when she first came, and so barbie was fiercely loyal to her...and it did help that silena gave a really good manicure and basically taught her everything she knew about sewing.

zoë started the meeting off with a loud scoff and a roll of her eyes, "this is pointless. there is no time for talk. our goddess needs us. the hunters must leave immediately."

"and go where?" asked chiron.

"west!" said bianca who sat next to zoë like a little assistant which would have been adoring if zoë hadn't been glaring daggers at the two aphrodite kids. silena was too nice to glare back, but barbie wasn't, she sent back a withering glare, the two of them in an intense staring battle.

"you heard the prophecy!" said bianca, "six shall go west to the goddess in chains, we can get six hunters and go!"

"bianca, sweetie-"

"don't call her sweetie, daughter of aphrodite-"

"what is it to you, nightshade?" spat barbie, "i'm trying to be nice, unlike you... we're your courteousness to the aphrodite cabin? just because you deny the notion of love doesn't mean you have to be rude to us. you don't see us calling you out, so why are you doing it to us? huh?"

"i do-"

"enough," spoke chiron firmly.

"you're missing something, as usual," spoke thalia completely ignoring the tense battle barbie and zoë had just had, "it says campers and hunters prevail."