011.

011. the fight of their lives 

BARBIE ALLEN was the new cabin councillor of the aphrodite cabin.  and she had never wanted to crawl up into a ball and die more than now. people stuck to her like glue, which was to be assumed after the fact two of the closest people in her life just died. she hadn't even gotten over one death when silena died. it seemed the fates had it out for her. and all the people she seemed to care about were dying.

"c'mon barbie," spoke percy softly, holding her hand gently as he lead her to the entrance of the empire state building. annabeth walked swiftly beside her and percy. barbie just stayed quiet, not bothering to speak. if she did, she wasn't sure she'd  be able to even string a sentence together before she started crying again.

as they walked in, barbie looked up to notice the stoll brothers standing and waiting for them by the elevator. once they walked over, conner began to speak quickly as he asked, "is it true? about silena?"

barbie stiffened slightly, forcing herself not to cry- too late. a few tears dropped down her face as she continued to stare at the stoll brothers, he grip on percy's hand had went from slack to firm, squeezing it so hardly that percy spoke, "she died a hero."

"um, i also heard-"

"she died a hero," percy repeated, his voice not wavering in the slightest.

"right," travis mumbled, "listen, we figure the titans army will have trouble getting up the elevator they'll have to go up a few at a time. and the giants won't even be able to fit in, at all."

"so that's our biggest advantage," percy nodded, "any way to disable the elevator?"

"it's magic," travis responded, "usually you need a key card- but the doorman vanished. that means the defences are crumbling so basically anybody can walk into the elevator now and head straight up."

"then we have to keep them away from the doors," barbie spoke quietly.

percy turned to her, nodding ashe added, "we'll bottle them up in the lobby."

"well then we need reinforcements," travis explained, "because they;ll keep coming. and eventually they'll just overwhelm us."

"but we have no reinforcements!" connor complained.

"maybe that's not true," percy spoke. he let go of barbie's hand for a second and walked away only to rejoin them moments later in the lobby.

on the way to the elevator, they spotted grover kneeling over a portly satyr that was wounded.. leneus. barbie recognised him. the old satyr looked terrible. his lips were blue, and there were broken spears in his belly. his furry goat legs were twisted at a painful angle and matted with blood. he tried to focus on them, but barbie didn't think he saw them.

"grover?" he murmured.

"i'm here, leneus," grover spoke softly, blinking away tears. despite all the horrible things leneus had said about him, he was there crying for the old satyr.

"did... did we win?"

"yes,"  grover lied, "thanks to you, leneus. we drover the enemy away."

"told you," the old satyr mumbled, his undying stubbornness still there even at his deathbed, "true leader. true..."

he closed his eyes for the last time and grover gulped. he put his hands on leneus' forehead and spoke an ancient blessing. within a few moments, the old satyr's body melted until all that was left was a tiny sapling in a pile of fresh soil.