003.

003. give barbie some coffee, dammit

THE NEXT morning at breakfast, there was a lot of excitement. and barbie knew exactly why because she was woken up by the noise, and she wasn't too happy about it. see, barbie wasn't a morning person. so to be woken up at three a.m by aethiopian drakon at their border was not a cool way to start her day.

she trudged into breakfast with a pale face and her hair in a somewhat messy ponytail (but... it still looked good... for some reason, she blames her mom). she sighed as she plonked herself down on her cabins table and the rest of them looked like goddesses compared to her. she was grumpy, tired, and needed coffee.

"what happened to you?" asked val, placing a cup of coffee down in front of her, "you look like you got hit with a fucking truck."

"that damn fucking dragon," she muttered, "i couldn't get back to sleep."

"ah," he spoke, "well if it helps, the ponytail looks nice... in a messy way, but you know, kind of not."

"thanks, val," she spoke with a glare on her face, "but i just need some coffee and some food."

they toasted to the gods and barbie let out a whisper, "aphrodite, help me with whatever's coming... and maybe help me get better sleep."

you look like you got on the wrong side of a beauty blender, spoke jerald inside of her head.

shut up, she thought.

sorry, just tellin' the truth... oh look that annie girl is comin' over- oh and she's taken us away.

"woah," said barbie groggily, "what we doin-"

annabeth pushed barbie down onto the bench and made her sit. barbie didn't realise what was happening into she heard the voice of percy say, "i like your hair, barbie doll."

barbie's eyes widened, "we aren't allowed on different tables-"

"that's beside the point," spoke annabeth, somehow looking perfectly fine this morning (and not sleep deprived like barbie), "the point is grover is in trouble, there's only one way we can figure out to help him. it's the labyrinth. that's what clarisse and i have been investigating."

"you mean the maze where they kept the minatour, back in the old days?"

"yeah," spoke barbie, still tired. she closed her eyes and yawned slightly, looking at her friends, her gaze lazy and glossy.

"so...it's not under the king's palace in crete any more," guessed percy, "the labyrinth is under some building in america."

"percy..." spoke barbie, all three of them looking at her, she closed her eyes slightly and began to doze off until percy elbowed her slightly and she slapped her hand on the table making it shake slightly, "argh! it's not under a buildin-"

"the labryth is everywhere," spoke annabeth, continuing for barbie who looked like she was in urgent need of more coffee, "it's not part of the underworld, but it's like a second skin to the mortal world. it's been growing under western cities since forever. you can get anywhere in the labrynth."

"if you don't get lost," said grover "and die a horrible death."

"grover, there has to be a way," annabeth said.

"clarisse lived."

"barely!" grover said, "and the other guy-"

"he was driven insane. he didn't die."

"oh, joy," grover's lower lip quivered, "that makes me feel much better."

"whoa," percy said, "back up. what's this about clarisse and a crazy guy?"